Niacin Flush and Transdermals

CrazyJoe

Any opinions on whether taking Niacin to induce a Niacin flush will aid in the absorption of a transdermal prohormone? Many of you probably already know that Niacin will cause an increased blood flow in the capillaries near the surface of the skin. Can we use this to our advantage?
blush.gif
Plus, it often times will lower your cholesterol :)

That is a really good question. I have thought about that myself on many occasions.

Still, rather than enhancing absorption, it would most likely only increase the rate that it reaches the general circulation after it has already been absorbed. Still it deserves some thought...

That is a great question. I wonder if there is a dosage needed to elicit the desired response. I wonder if Par has any insight into this.

Steve

I've taken 200 mg of Niacin starting out. This causes a fairly intense reddening of my skin (I have a light complexion any way), some minor itching, and general warmth in the effected areas (for me it is back of the neck, eyebrows, upper arm and hands) within about 15-20 minutes. If taken everyday, the body will adapt of course and higher dosages will be required to ellicit the response. If you cycle one day on one day off, then it doesn't appear that your body will adapt. Also, the time release version of Niacin will not give this effect. Sorry if I'm telling you things you already know! I haven't tried this with prohormones yet, but I just bought some One + so I may give it a shot. Thanks for the responses! :)

I don't think it would help, because the androgen will already partition into the bloodstream and be taken away readily (and we know this because basically all of an active is taken up by the bloodstream before it gets the chance diffuse into deep tissues, under normal conditions, so the backup (i.e. rate limiting step) is not happening here.

It happens in the aqeous layers of the dermis, which obviously are not conducive to the diffusion of a lipophilic androgen.

Back