No Of Exercises Per Workout

Last 5 weeks and next 10 weeks, 10 x 3

Mon,Fri: Front Squats, Pendley Rows, Standing Mil. Press, Chin, Weighted Dips

Wed: Front Squats, Deads, standing Mil.Press, Seated Pulldowns, Weighted Dips

Nice routine. Are you ramping these to failure, or what? You must be doing failure on the pulldowns, since they're once a week I see.

...seeing this thread have me wondering if im doing to many exersices? I just started my first HST rutine and im doing:

Legs:
Squats, Stiff legged deadlift, Calve raises and lunges

Chest:
Benchpress and Incline benchpress

Back:
Yates rows and Chinups

Shoulder:
Upright rows, DB Shoulder press and shrugs

Arms:
DB Curls and Triceps extentions

Abs:
Hyberextended crunches and sidelift

You're doing a few useless exercises. Lunges are lame. Tricep extensions aren't very good for your elbows, you should do close grip bench press, pushdowns or something instead. Sidelift? Not sure what you mean, but if you mean sidebends or something, that isn't even an ab exercise, it's for obliques and those don't really need to be worked three times a week with everything else you are doing.
I'd probably stick to just an overhead press for shoulders. Most people don't like upright rows. I like them okay, but... I'm kind of weird. I'd drop DB curls too if you are already doing chins.

<div>
(Totentanz @ Jan. 12 2007,17:18)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">You're doing a few useless exercises. Lunges are lame. Tricep extensions aren't very good for your elbows, you should do close grip bench press, pushdowns or something instead. Sidelift? Not sure what you mean, but if you mean sidebends or something, that isn't even an ab exercise, it's for obliques and those don't really need to be worked three times a week with everything else you are doing.
I'd probably stick to just an overhead press for shoulders. Most people don't like upright rows. I like them okay, but... I'm kind of weird. I'd drop DB curls too if you are already doing chins.</div>
thanks alot for da feedback, much appriciated
cool.gif

Im deffently gonna wipe lunges (a hate em anyways) from da next &quot;round&quot; (im guessing i best stick with dis one, like, untill da first cycle is done n all) and switch triceps extentions for close-grip bench press.

also yeah, ur rite, i meant sidebends (hey, ya gotta let sum slip , not native english speaker here
blush.gif
).. but i love dose! and upright rows and DB curls.. i really dont wanna cut them
laugh.gif

If you are not a native English speaker, then why are you going OUT OF YOUR WAY to sound like a native speaker who is focking up the language on purpose because he thinks its cool?
rock.gif
?

<div>
(danish_dan @ Jan. 10 2007,16:13)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">...seeing this thread have me wondering if im doing to many exersices? I just started my first HST rutine and im doing:

Legs:
Squats, Stiff legged deadlift, Calve raises and lunges

Chest:
Benchpress and Incline benchpress

Back:
Yates rows and Chinups

Shoulder:
Upright rows, DB Shoulder press and shrugs

Arms:
DB Curls and Triceps extentions

Abs:
Hyberextended crunches and sidelift</div>
It is quite alot of exercises. If you can handle all that and still put alot of effort into each lift then go for it.
Personally I don't know how people do so many exercises. I do only 5-7 exercises and it takes me an hour. If I only did one set of 10 for each exercise I guess I could do more. But since I do one very long set of 20 reps max-stim style for each exercise, I can't do too many.

My 5 favorite are:
Squat
Row
Dip
Chin-up
Overhead press

I usually add an exercise or two to these basics depending on my goals...this cycle I am adding arm work.

I currently do one set of 10 exercises 4 times per week and usually split that up into an AM/PM split of 5 each. Great for a home gym but probably not practical if you have to travel to a commercial gym.

on HST--about 9

on 3x3 program---3 (obviously)

I don't think that subtracting &quot;approximately 100 lbs&quot; from your RM's cuts it for stronger lifters. I'd like to see Bryan edit HST so that it includes percentages of lifts instead of approximate numbers. If the weights had been lighter at the beginning of my cycles I think I would have had more success with HST (not insinuating that I had no success, because I did--it's a good program).

I can't vote. Right now I believe in alternating HST with strength programs. Strength for what it is and HST for everything else. And that's two general rep ranges.

Recently I have been going by time. If I have an hour I manage to get about 4 exercises done to the tune of 20-30 reps with my top work load. If I have a bit more time I'll add in some extra stuff like calf raises, pullovers, shrugs and such like. Very occasionally I might actually do some arm work just to see how my curling strength is going.
wow.gif

Back