Nutrition during Deconditioning

Autobot

Just wondering if it is reccomended to maintain the eating for size during the deconditioning stage or if I should cut back a bit. I am still bulking and want to keep bulking but would the protein supplements be useful during deconditioning phase?

A bit of a sticky wicket, that one. When I asked this same question a while back I was told to cut back to maintenance during SD. But you want to keep protein levels high so you don't lose muscle. And you don't want to cut calories so much that your body thinks you are dieting. So to keep protein high and calories lower, I have just been eating a bit less carbs. Carbs are an important energy source during workouts, so it makes some sense to cut them back when on an SD. Maybe start eating carbs again a couple days before the end of your SD...from what I hear the carbs used for energy during physical activity are not the ones you just ate, but the one ate in previous days.

Brak

thanks for the info Brak, this makes alot of sense. I will start cutting carb intake in the next day or two since i start SD soon. will keep up with protein as well.

anybody else feel a drop in apetite once SD has started?

Back