Nutrition?

Joe.Muscle

I know this is wrong forum but I post in correct forum and know one answers.

Anyway I am thinking if getting on Muscle Milk for protein shake b/c it tastes great...but noticed the high fat content.

Anybody have any suggestions good or bad?

Thanks, again I appologize for wrong forum.

Yeah, it is a little heavy on the fat, especially the saturated fat. I personally would not use it. I like to add my fats in myself, like with fish, flax, or olive oil.

Have you thought of ON Whey Double chocolate? It tastes awesome, I think, and if you mix it with about a cup of lowfat milk, it is like 32g protein, 13g carbs, and 5g fat or so. Add in some oats, malto, or dex for more carbs, if needed.

The fat in muscle milk is good fat. Just keep you daily fat intake in check and you're good to go. Keep fat intake between 20 and 30% of total calories.

If I were you I would find the cheapest protein I could find and call it a day. Muscle milk is not going to do anything for you that the protein you could buy from Wal-Mart couldn't do either....

thanks guys...just hope walmart doesn taste like chalk with water.

I did try Banana cream muscle milk rtd and it was dang good!

I think weight gainers are a waste of money. If I really need the calories and I don't have time to make some food, I just make a big protein shake and dump in some olive oil, flax oil or something like that to boost the calories. It's better than all the saturated fats and simple sugars that most weight gainers are loaded with and it ends up being a lot cheaper for me. You could toss some maltodextrin or dextrose in there if you want. I don't really like using dextrose anymore though, personally.
Did I mention that I don't like most weight gainers? Most taste so sweet that I want to puke after drinking them, but then again, I've never liked very sweet things...

As my post-wo drink I use a pint of full-fat milk, 3 scoops of whey protein (85% stuff), a banana and some honey. It tastes great and keeps me going till I've made a decent meal. As the others have said, if you make your own mixes you can save money and control the proportions of nutrients much better.

As a pre-wo drink I use the same whey powder, creatine and some dextrose (to take the edge off it) mixed with water. It's just about bearable if you don't mind drinking paint! :)

BTW, how much fat is there in a pint of Muscle Milk?

Back