Off Topic section?

I for one will be asking questions on both the basic and advanced.   Maybe you could add a catigory for me.. slow learner,  been at it for 4 years now and still not an expert.
tounge.gif

Bob

<div>
(Bob Evans @ Jul. 24 2006,15:04)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I for one will be asking questions on both the basic and advanced. Maybe you could an a catigory for me.. slow learner, been at it for 4 years now and still not an expert.
tounge.gif

Bob</div>
Haha, good one Bob.
tounge.gif

I'd say we do have an OT forum. It's called the &quot;internet&quot;.
I'd just hate to see flamers and trolls turn this into just another BB website, but perhaps there could be a section called 'junk mail' or something, and the moderators could move all off-topic posts in threads to it, in order to keep threads on topic. I just wouldn't call it something like 'trash can' as that would probably be inviting trashy posts.
There is a christian BB based website (ABCbodybuilding.com) that has strict regulations to posts, and they will DELETE trolling and flamers, but they also seem to have a successful miscellaneous forum and even a spiritual forum. But it's done by strict moderation, no attacking allowed.

Also I dont know how but some of the forum on this site dont get used much.

I know I have to post something sometimes in hst forum to get an answer unfortunatly instead of the correct forum.

dont know how we could make that better but...its just a thought.

Then again...maybe nobody wants to talk to me. lol...
laugh.gif

<div>
(Joe.Muscle @ Jul. 24 2006,16:47)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Also I dont know how but some of the forum on this site dont get used much.

I know I have to post something sometimes in hst forum to get an answer unfortunatly instead of the correct forum.

dont know how we could make that better but...its just a thought.

Then again...maybe nobody wants to talk to me. lol...
laugh.gif
</div>
Joe, I bet a lot of us do the same thing when we come here and goto New Posts. I have started all my threads in the forums they should be in with half of them being in the HST forum. I think a beginner's-advanced, or basics-specialization split would be great.

Why split it? It's not like we are spending hours going through hundreds of threads daily. Advanced vs. beginner sounds a bit snobbish to me, at least for this site. We are all beginners at HST and constantly learning. I'd get rid of all the other forums except for FAQ and combine them into one. Easier to administer and easier to read. I rarely check the other forums but when I do I usually find something interesting. Put it all here.
biggrin.gif

Back