Planning Next Bulk. Thoughts?

I train the total shoulder muscles by using OH presses, lateral raises, face pulls and external rotations using bands. Obviously not in all the same workout.

Thanks for the BTN suggestion. I thought it would be super uncomfortable but I like it a lot. I haven't gone above 50lbs but I've just been doing high reps and my medial delts are already making some progress. The medial delts for me have always been super undeveloped so I am excited to see the changes so quickly. Thanks again.

Terrific. I find push press for BTN is preferable to strict application.

BTN's are not recommended if you want to keep your neck and shoulders healthy and pain free.

O&G is correct as usual. Never do any resistance exercises behind the neck, push or pull. Read Bill DeSimone's works, they are very valuable here. Relevant links:
I have used these concepts for several years now, and have saved these aging joints much wear.

I've found BTN has improved my shoulder health significantly. It certainly has more risk associated that other shoulder exercises (DB press, OHP press), but I would also argue that any sort of anterior straight-arm raise and Arnold Press's are far worse than BTN.

Last edited:
Back