Postwork out amount of carbs for AM/PM workout

I am thinking about AM/Pm workout. I dont know how much protein and carbs to have. I have no idea. I use to take 100 g of carbs and 44 g of protein . Should I just split that in half and take it once AM and once PM. Thanks

what do you weigh and what do your workouts look like?

i would do 40g of protein after each workout, but carbs will vary depending on your weight and how hard your workout is.

It's gonna depend on a number of factors, including your weight and how metabolically taxing your workouts are. By that, I mean that 15s require more post-WO carbs than 5s (without dropsets, that is), and higher volume will require more than lower volume. According to Lyle McDonald (http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/forums....ount=13), you need "*roughly* 5 grams of carbs for every 2 sets you do." If you feel this is insufficient, you could always add more.

Personally, I see no reason why you would use different amounts of post-WO carbs for a.m. and p.m. workouts. Just use 5 g of carbs for every 2 sets, or whatever formula you choose, for after both workouts. Besides, one of the benefits of 2x/day workouts is the improved nutrient partitioning and 2x the post-WO window of nutritional opportunity. So all you've gotta do is figure out how many grams of carbs you need after each workout. Easy peasy.

Back