powdered sugar?

Andy741

Does anyone know if powdered sugar helps more than regular sweeteners? I was thinking it might be more refined so it works faster? I really don't know though.

I thought it might be something that has a higher glycemic index because it's powdery? It also has corn starch in it. Is that okay to eat?

If by regular sweeteners you mean Splenda, Nutrasweet, and the bunch, then no. They're 0 calories, no sugar/carbs/etc to spike your insulin levels. If you mean just regular sugar ... honestly i don't know but i can't imagine much of a difference.

Also remember there are other items in Confectioner's Sugar, it's not just "Powered Sugar", they also add a little cornstarch. Not that it would change the GI.

stay away from artificial sweeteners! not only are they up to 400 times sweeter than natural sugars, they contain aspertame, which has been proven over and over again to be detrimental to your health.
another issue that needs to be addressed with these "sugars" is that they are neurotoxic...which basically means that when they enter your body, your brain looks at them as if they were sugar. but since natural sugar includes other minerals and nutrients that aren't present in artificial sugars, your brain sends "craving" signals so you consume more and more of these nutritiously devoid products. it's basically searching for nutrition where there is none.

i'm referring to splenda, nutrasweet, etc.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nellyboy @ June 19 2005,8:04)]stay away from artificial sweeteners! not only are they up to 400 times sweeter than natural sugars, they contain aspertame, which has been proven over and over again to be detrimental to your health.
another issue that needs to be addressed with these "sugars" is that they are neurotoxic...which basically means that when they enter your body, your brain looks at them as if they were sugar. but since natural sugar includes other minerals and nutrients that aren't present in artificial sugars, your brain sends "craving" signals so you consume more and more of these nutritiously devoid products. it's basically searching for nutrition where there is none.
i'm referring to splenda, nutrasweet, etc.
How exactly is aspartame detrimental to your health. Wouldn't you have to consume like 20 cans of diet pepsi in a day to even have any type of side effect from aspartame like dizziness or panic attacks?

Then I did a web search on aspartame and did not like the results...
butbut.gif

Aspartame contains 10% METHANOL, a serious metabolic poison. Your body converts it to formaldehyde (embalming fluid) and formic acid (ant sting poison) both of which attack your central nervous system and every organ of your body.

All teas and pop that I drink are diet because I don't even like the sugar drinks!
crazy.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (colby2152 @ June 23 2005,9:46)]Then I did a web search on aspartame and did not like the results...
butbut.gif

Aspartame contains 10% METHANOL, a serious metabolic poison. Your body converts it to formaldehyde (embalming fluid) and formic acid (ant sting poison) both of which attack your central nervous system and every organ of your body.
All teas and pop that I drink are diet because I don't even like the sugar drinks!  
crazy.gif
they are stupid

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Aaron_F @ June 22 2005,11:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (colby2152 @ June 23 2005,9:46)]Then I did a web search on aspartame and did not like the results...
butbut.gif

crazy.gif
they are stupid
Yeah, I was thinking along those lines like I would have to consume at the very least a case and a half of diet pepsi to have the smallest effect on my body from aspartame.
dozingoff.gif

It also never leaves your brain once its there. There is no way for your body to get rid of it so it just builds and builds. STAY AWAY FROM ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS.
crazy.gif
:) ;)

Back