pre/post workout nutrition when dieting

Nemesis7884

are the carbs post workout late in the evening really beneficial when dieting? I do not restrict carbs at all but reduce them when dieting as well as try not to eat carbs in the late afternoon and evening - do you change anything in your pre post workout nutrition when dieting (except extreme strategies such as ckd etc....)?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nemesis7884 @ Aug. 03 2004,2:27)]are the carbs post workout late in the evening really beneficial when dieting? I do not restrict carbs at all but reduce them when dieting as well as try not to eat carbs in the late afternoon and evening - do you change anything in your pre post workout nutrition when dieting (except extreme strategies such as ckd etc....)?

I think post workout carbs during dieing are still important and, except for totally carb-restricted diets, would advocate them: recovery being a crucial aspect of muscle mass maintenance. Won't matter if it's late at night, I'd say eat them.

You might need to decrease the total amount in the post-workout shake, of course, to keep calories down (or save carbs for other times in the day).
Lyle

Back