Pre-workout Glycemity of CHO

S

sentricyphen

I know Bryan suggests that it may be benefical for one to omit carbs all together pre workout, during a cut.

Does this mean it would be a particularly bad idea to have an high GL pre workout shake? (i.e. have whey+maltodextrin)

Just a detail I never stopped to think about before.

not sure, sentricyphen, even though its recommended that protein and carbs be taken together for optimal usage, i don't see why you would need to have high GI carb unless u were taking it with creatine to up the absorbtion. but from recommendations from others, they said to focus carb intake in the 4 hour post workout period for glycogen replenishment and just lower carbs in general around that.

Well, according to Aaron F. who is highly educated about this, it doesn't matter that much. Calories are everything. After that, the little things are just that. They make very little differences.

of course it may influence things comming into a competition, but by that point you are worried about more than just fat loss.

also if not eating carbs before training helps maintain the diet, then it can be important.

Back