Prime+ & Drive+

Prime+ - Same protein blend as Primer with the addition of glucose polymers and several vitamins and minerals.

Drive+ - Same protein blend as Driver with the addition of a unique blend of whole grain complex carbs, a smidgen of glucose polymers, and vitamins and minerals.

wow.gif
9-->
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Arbitro @ Sep. 29 2003,3
wow.gif
9)]Sounds yummy! :D
Planned release date & MSRP??
The ingredients are being shipped in as we speak to the bottler. They will need to undergo a thurough quality inspection first as well as microbials testing before I will use the shipment.

It usually takes about 6-8 weeks to get things bottled from the time I order ingredients.

The MSRPs are still being workout out, but I am determined to make them just as affordable as any other products in the class just below them (I couldn't seem to find any other products in their class so I had to look simply at the best the industry currently offered. ;) )

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BIGBANGSingh @ Oct. 06 2003,3:33)]How much more expensive will they be? Also, will they provide the same amount of servings per container?
The price point is still being worked out, but I'll keep you up to date.

They will still come in 2lb containers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BIGBANGSingh @ Oct. 22 2003,2:16)]Why is there no Creatine in either the Prime+ or Drive+?
Why would I put creatine in them in the first place? Both Primer and Driver and PrimePLUS and DrivePLUS are "food" supplements. They are intended to be "eaten" everyday. Creatine on the other hand is not a food. It has no food value. It is a supplement yes, but most people choose not to take it everyday, let alone several times per day as many do with protein powders and meal replacements.

One thing about HSN products is that they are not "all in one", "everything but the kitchen sink" concoctions. HSN is a line of supplements for experienced lifters who need control over every aspect of their diet and supplementation. Even if I lose sales because I don’t have all the bells and whistles that inexperienced lifters are easily sold on, I’ll stay true to my core customers by using only high quality ingredients, using straight forward formulations, and keeping things customizable by keeping out extraneous buzz-word ingredients that you don’t need or want.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bryan Haycock @ Oct. 23 2003,4:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BIGBANGSingh @ Oct. 22 2003,2:16)]Why is there no Creatine in either the Prime+ or Drive+?
Why would I put creatine in them in the first place? Both Primer and Driver and PrimePLUS and DrivePLUS are "food" supplements. They are intended to be "eaten" everyday. Creatine on the other hand is not a food. It has no food value. It is a supplement yes, but most people choose not to take it everyday, let alone several times per day as many do with protein powders and meal replacements.
One thing about HSN products is that they are not "all in one", "everything but the kitchen sink" concoctions. HSN is a line of supplements for experienced lifters who need control over every aspect of their diet and supplementation. Even if I lose sales because I don’t have all the bells and whistles that inexperienced lifters are easily sold on, I’ll stay true to my core customers by using only high quality ingredients, using straight forward formulations, and keeping things customizable by keeping out extraneous buzz-word ingredients that you don’t need or want.
I was hoping Prime+ & Drive+ would be "all in one" supplements. I just wanted to buy them and not worry about buying extra supplements for pre and post workout nutrition. But I guess they're close enough
thumbs-up.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (marcus @ Oct. 27 2003,12:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bryan Haycock @ Sep. 29 2003,2:57)]and several vitamins and minerals.
Such as?
Full spectrum of vit and minerals. Sort of like your "one-a-day" list but in lower amounts than a "one-a-day" formulation. I am a firm believer in vitamin/mineral supplementation, but not necessarily in maga dosing. I figure if I put 20% or so of the RDA that will cover your for that particular meal. Most people take a "Multi" (which they should) so I didn't want to start force feeding people vitamins everytime the made a protein drink.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bryan Haycock @ Oct. 27 2003,3:18)]I am a firm believer in vitamin/mineral supplementation, but not necessarily in maga dosing.

However, in the HST FAQ > Supplements you wrote:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm the type that avoids anything that has been shown to reduce hypertrophy so I only take antioxidants during SD or on the second day of rest (weekend).

Sorry if I'm splitting hairs here, but it seems you have changed your stance on the antioxidant issue? Or does it depend on your current goal, for instance, if your main goal is muscle gain, it's "no antioxidants", otherwise it's "some antioxidants"?
Thanks!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (marcus @ Oct. 28 2003,6:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bryan Haycock @ Oct. 27 2003,3:18)]I am a firm believer in vitamin/mineral supplementation, but not necessarily in maga dosing.
However, in the HST FAQ > Supplements you wrote:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm the type that avoids anything that has been shown to reduce hypertrophy so I only take antioxidants during SD or on the second day of rest (weekend).
Sorry if I'm splitting hairs here, but it seems you have changed your stance on the antioxidant issue? Or does it depend on your current goal, for instance, if your main goal is muscle gain, it's "no antioxidants", otherwise it's "some antioxidants"?
Thanks!
yeah marcus, I would have to agree you're splitting hairs. :D

Nevertheless, I will try to clarify. The vit/mineral levels in PrimePLUS and DrivePLUS won't be sufficient to block the natural oxidative effects of your training (no megadosing).

Keep in mind that just because I don't "load" antioxidants doesn't mean I don't accept the fact that vitamins and minerals are crucial for health...it would be silly if I told people that any vitamin or mineral was bad.

Since they are "meal replacement" supps, you can bet the answer will be "plenty". That's the point, at least part of it.

I would bet 400-500 cals/serving.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BIGBANGSingh @ Oct. 29 2003,9:59)]How many calories per serving will they have?
Each serving will have ~20 grams of protein and ~20 grams of carbs. Add 2-4 grams of fat and you have about 200 calories or so.

You will also be able to buy additional carbs in the form of the PrimePLUS blend as well as the DrivePLUS blends. That way you can use as many carbs and the specific form of carbs that fit your particular needs. It is important to me that people have control of their supplementation.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bryan Haycock @ Oct. 29 2003,9:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BIGBANGSingh @ Oct. 29 2003,9:59)]How many calories per serving will they have?
Each serving will have ~20 grams of protein and ~20 grams of carbs. Add 2-4 grams of fat and you have about 200 calories or so.
You will also be able to buy additional carbs in the form of the PrimePLUS blend as well as the DrivePLUS blends. That way you can use as many carbs and the specific form of carbs that fit your particular needs. It is important to me that people have control of their supplementation.
Am I safe to assume that these "2-4 grams of fat" are EFA's?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BIGBANGSingh @ Oct. 30 2003,7:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BIGBANGSingh @ Oct. 29 2003,9:59)]Am I safe to assume that these "2-4 grams of fat" are EFA's?
There is fat from Omega-3s but there is also fat in the high quality dutch cocoa that I use for flavoring.

Back