Primer and Driver when doing a am/pm routine

Janne

I'm considering splitting my routine by training twice per day, 3 times per week. I will do 10-12 sets per training session (20-24 sets per day). If I take one serving of Primer before and one serving of Driver after each training session, it would give me a wopping 80 g of protein. At 80 kg, my daily protein requirement (from now on "dpr") should be about 160 g. If I take 80 g of protein in the form of pre/post workout shakes, only half of my dpr will come from solid food, which seems a bit, I don't know, imbalanced? On the other hand, if I take the whole dpr (160 g) in the form of solid meals and an additional 80 g of protein in the form of pre/post workout shakes, I would get a total of 240 g, which seems like too much at my weight. Any thoughts on how much protein should come from pre/post workout shakes when doing a am/pm routine?

Dear Janne,

Perhaps, you might wish to halve each serving of P/D for each workout. This way, you would be taking less protein for your smaller frame, which of course is in line with your protein requirements for each day.

Alternatively, if you did take that much extra protein per day, you could make up for it by cutting some carbs and/or fats so that you remain within your daily calorie allotment.

If the extra calories do not bother you, then just go with the 240gm protein per day.

Godspeed, and happy HSTing :)

Back