Protein From breads

in regards to counting fiber into the carbohydrate-calorie equation

scientists assign a value of approximately 1.5-2 cals per gram of fiber. Unclear as this value can vary from indivudual to individual. Another school of thougth says fiber is indigestible and it can be deducted from carb-calorie intake. If you wanted to be really techincal you could estimate a gram of fiber equates to half a carb and its normal caloric value

In my eating programs we generally ignore fiber as the tremendous value outweighs the small amount of calories that are possibly derived. In the case of morbidly obese this could be questionable especially if they are consuming massive amounts of fiber which on the other hand could decrease the absoprtion of nutrients and cals from other sources.

The issue can be complicated on a very technical bais, but for the most part do not worry a great deal about fibers as calories particlarly when consuming greens, nuts and low glycemic index carbs

thank you
Coach hale
www.maxcondition.com

[b said:
Quote[/b] (coach hale @ July 26 2005,1:09)]Unclear as this value can vary from indivudual to individual.
Its an estimate, as good as any estimate for caloric intake.

Worrying about this garbage is worthless

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Thanks for the clear-up JV. Again, I wasn't trying to find fault with what you said; just wondering.

Hehehe, of course, didn't take any offense at it. And anyway, after you went along with my joke in one thread you started (you know, the *shakes fist* thingy), I'll welcome whatever it is you have to say!!! :D

Regards to all :) And btw, thanks coach hale for your extremely informative and obviously well educated posts. You sound like a truly expert nutritionist. We could all benefit from whatever you can tell us about, especially latest trends and research (valid ones, of course) on nutrition and dieting. I'll be sure to check your forum! :)

-JV

Back