Protein intake and immune system

Ruhl

3 questions:

1) If someone attempts intense weight training without increasing protein intake, will they be more likely to get sick?

2) If a sedentry individual takes the protein intake of a hard training BB without doing the actual training of a hard training BB, will they be less likely to get sick?

3) Nasser, I think was his name, said in an interview that he only takes around 100g protein a day. And this was back when he weighed over 300 pounds off-season. He never got fat off-season. How could he do what he did on so little protein? Drugs can only do so much.

I do not have a kidney problem.

Not sure about protein in general but filtered whey protein increases your levels of glutathione which is supposed to be hot stuff in ridding your body of toxins and increasing immune function.
And maybe someone could correct me but i think protein itself dosn't actually go though the kidneys as the protein molucles are far to huge to fit - its only the by-products like of protein that are filtered by the kidneys and unless you got diabetes or damaged kidneys there is absoulty no need to worry about protein and kidneys?

If you are consistently inadequate in protein, then immune system will suffere, but muscle growth wont happen either and a lot of other thingsi nt he body will not work properly

Everything is protein, therefore protien is everything

well not quite

Immune cells also like carbs an awful lot, and fat can help immune function as a whole

Back