Questions on Rennie Review

• Thread starter imported_dkm1987
  • Start date
I

imported_dkm1987

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]These and other recent data (109–112) make a powerful point: The amount of amino acids necessary to stimulate MPS in the resting state and after exercise is in fact small (<10 g) compared with the accepted whole-body protein
requirements (>70 g for most men).

When they are comparing amino acid to protein, I am assuming the huge disparity in the numbers are due to amino acid content. IE, 10 grams of Amino ingestion is not the same as 10 grams of protein ingestion, is this correct?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Studies of the latency and duration of the effect of amino acids on MPS suggest that it takes 30 min for a stimulatory effect to be detected; thereafter the rate of
increase is rapid, and peak rates are obtained within 60 to 90 min (101). Then MPS falls back to basal levels despite the continued abundant availability of amino acids, suggesting that the system is full of protein and is no longer responsive to nutritional stimulation.

So amino acid intake has a saturation point, I am correct to assume that the point would change as exercise induced MPB increases, so available amino acids in the blood, even if not used initially after saturation, would then be used?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It may take 20 weeks of intense resistance exercise
to increase muscle mass by 20%. The explanation is, of course, that MPB is also elevated after acute exercise (but probably not during it) and that, under circumstances in which exogenous amino acids are not provided, this usually
exceeds MPS (146) so there is no net protein accretion. However, if food is eaten or mixed, free amino acids are ingested or infused after intense exercise, then MPS
is stimulated beyond the rate achieved by exercise alone

Are they talking muscle mass as a whole or strictly fiber CSA. If I could increase mass as a whole in under 6 months I would be happy as a pig in sh_t?

Lastly, actually from another study

Changes in satellite cells in human skeletal muscle after a
single bout of high intensity exercise.

Regina M Crameri, Henning Langberg, Peter Magnusson, Charlotte H Jensen, Henrik Daa Schrøder, Jens L Olesen, Charlotte Suetta, Børge Teisner and Michael Kjaer

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]We show that an increase in the number of satellite cells is possible with a single bout of voluntary high intensity exercise. Terminal differentiation of these cells may not be possible without repeated bouts of exercise unless myofibre lesions occur.

How accurate is this statement, and if accurate it gives further support for frequency? IMHO

Back