ratio for overweight female

bp23

If a woman was around 50 pounds overweight and wanted to lose weight, what would be the ideal way to figure out calories and nutrient ratio. This woman is 5'10", 190 and has just started running 4 days per week as well as weight training 2-3 days per week. She is 30 years old. In someone who is in the obese category, is 10 cal. per pound still recommended?

<lyle on>

start by calculating calories 10-12xtotal bodyweight is a STARTING point, depending on the persons activity level it may need ajusted up or down depending on weight loss
Set protein at 1g/lb
Set fat at 25% (predominantly unsaturated fats)
Make up remainding calories in the best way to not drive her nuts (carbs - veges, fruit etc) or fats (if she performs better that way)

<lyle off>

Thanx for the help Aaron. So, i suppose i will recommend her a diet that is at 10 cal. per pound. 190 protein 150 carbs and 60 fats (two tablespoons of flax + whatever she gets through food)

My wife weighs 205 at 5'3. However she eats only 1700 a day on average. 120 protein 170 carbs and 60 fat. While she's probably gained about 15 lbs of muscle doing HST and cardio she's lost the same in fat if not more. She started out at 208 though but has lost a couple sizes in clothes. I'm guessing her weight is just being redistributed right now.

Back