Rethinking Hst

A sufficiently heavy weight (I'm talking about optimal TUT also, so no heavier than about true 5-6RM) would require too lengthy rest intervals to repeat, prolonging the workout unduly (considering the unwillingness of going to the gym more frequently than 3 times per week). On the opposite extreme we have BB-style 3-4 sets with fixed short rest periods using lighter loads which are a bit impractical to implement in a semi-crowded gym. You tend to miss the proper time to do a set, get frustrated with potentially skewed progress tracking, etc. When you use different exercises, though, you no longer carry the psychological burden of the decreasing strength between sets, you concentrate on each exercise and do your best, having no idea how the load would feel when you're fresh. Especially when you alternate between sets on different body parts giving the just-worked body part some more time to rest.

Well I can appreciate the psychological components of your hypothesis. Horses for courses etc.

The sarcasm would only be true if 100% intensity and/or higher volume were the only way to grow naturally, which is unlikely.

My post was not sarcastic in the slightest.

Psychological accommodation into one's routine is critical to success. And naturally, the psychologies of individuals varies across those individuals. Otherwise known colloquially as "horses for courses", meaning that certain horses do well on certain race tracks (length and condition) and others do well on different tracks.

Doing good! Today was my 8-rep workout. Fatigue level was pretty low. Nothing much to say for now. I'll have to run a cycle or two of these first. The progress might be a bit confounded by the fact that I have started a slow cut to drop 3-4 pounds. Then I'll start a long lasting body recomposition where lack of progress will dictate the need to increase the food intake. The end goal is of course to reach my genetic muscular potential at 4-6% bf :)

Doing good! Today was my 8-rep workout. Fatigue level was pretty low. Nothing much to say for now. I'll have to run a cycle or two of these first. The progress might be a bit confounded by the fact that I have started a slow cut to drop 3-4 pounds. Then I'll start a long lasting body recomposition where lack of progress will dictate the need to increase the food intake. The end goal is of course to reach my genetic muscular potential at 4-6% bf :)
What is your current body fat level?

If you have good flexibility, a bigger caliper (spring loaded type) and a mirror you can actually take subscapular folder.

You're being mean and unfair, realize that in 2014 Bryan was busy writing the fifth word on the fourth line in the third paragraph of page 2 of his HST book. We just have to be patient.

:D

Keep in mind that Blade has been known for using testosterone skin gel, so his training advice may not be appropriate for naturally training individuals.

I thought that Blade had admitted to using AAS in the past.

He did confirm this in a post back in 2002

I gained about 10lbs on my first HST cycle. Maybe 2lbs of bodyfat, which I dieted off in the 15s of my 2nd HST cycle. It should be noted that I reached my top condition last year doing a few 2on/4off cycles of AAS. On my first HST cycle, strength AND lbm surpassed my androgen-assisted condition, something that convinced me that this...in the words of Jules...is the dog's bollox
worship.gif

My 2nd HST cycle I experienced a net gain of 15lbs, AAS-assisted. Mid-cycle I was up 25lbs. Strength gains were scary, although I stayed in the 8-12rep range to avoid overloading the tendons/connective tissue/joints. Now into 5s post-cycle, I'm amazed at how much I've gained, not to mention retained strength and bodymass off-cycle. It should be noted that due to various personal problems (economical, break-up of long-term relationship etc) I didn't eat well. Also, I traveled a lot so had to make-do with gyms of all varieties. I kept losing weight and strength, then gaining it back in accordance with "normalization" of stress factors, which should be expected :confused: As mentioned I was up 25lbs mid-cycle, but ended up at a net gain of 15lbs. I'm currently 255lbs, around 8%bf at 6' and intended to compete this year, but due to everything bad that's been happening to me lately I haven't been able to focus...so I might or might not. We'll see.

I'll try to get some pictures up for everyone to see.

Back