Sci's Bipolar Lifting Log.

Thursdays session of 8 rep maximum PRs pretty much kicked my butt. I'm taking the day off. My muscles are still adapting to that insanity, or at least it feels that way.

Sci, congrats for breaking into new PR territory and matching old ones all in the same session. No mean feet.

Reactions: Sci
I have to get back on a diet of some sort. Gained back some bodyfat recently! Oops.

By "some" I'm guessing you mean "a lot"! Or else the wife made a comment? Otherwise, who cares? Get strong and prosper! :)

Cable Row: 220x5

Bench: 235x6

Deads: 365x1 (conventional, unbelted, I can do more with sumo, belted, but trying to strengthen the lower back)

Shrugs: 365x8

Press: 135x8

Pulldowns: 220x6

Calf Raise: 300x15

Cable Crossover: 85x10

Laterals: 25s x10

Doing well, meds are working. Back on a diet, trying to get more lean just for fun.

Last edited:
Just had one of the most awesome days in my entire life. I'm in a state that psychiatrists call "hypomania", not quite full mania which is pretty intense and sometimes psychotic! But hypomania is a whole different animal! It's actually great, as we bipolar brained people can experience higher highs (and lower lows) than normal brained people.
Of course, the downside of having bipolar disorder, is that we can also experience very bad lows and severe depression. 1 in 5 bipolar people commit suicide. But not me, I tend to stay more on the "mania" side of the spectrum, which is a blessing, as I'm high as hell sometimes!!! :)

So basically, right now I'm living in heaven! I feel like James Bond, Conan the Barbarian, and Batman, all at the same time!

I won't even go into all the private details of my day, but suffice to say, "it was fucking awesome!"

One of the best days of my life.

Of course, the best day on my life included HST!

Cable Row: pyramid up to 220x6! PRish, not quite.

Pulldown: pyramid up to 220x7

Bench Press: pyramid up to 225x7

Seated Press: 145x6 PRish, not sure.

Leg Press: 540x8,5

Calf Raise: 360x9,8

Last edited:
Yeah, you are right, nobody is really interested in my psychotic ramblings. I don't want to gain 30 anymore, and if I ever pull 500, so be it, but its not important to me. My mental health is important to me.

I'll just end this log and duck out for awhile. Happy lifting guys, its been a hoot!

@Sci - you misunderstand. Ramble away. Good for the soul, even better for sanity. My comments are specific to lifting only - I want to see you go heavy for a while and leave the 7s and 8s behind for a few months ;)

Sci, do I gather you had a lot of sex the other day and had a good workout to boot?! Well, whatever it was that triggered your awesome day, I hope you get more of it, more often. All the best, mate. Don't be a stranger. This forum needs you. :)

Reactions: Sci
Update. I haven't even stepped foot into the gym since my lost post. Why Not you say? I have been working like a maniac, and my job is physical enough to maintain muscle mass.

Also, I made about 2 Grand this week, maybe more, :D not sure as I am paid on commission and haven't received my paycheck yet.

Yeah, Lol, lots of sex, and some other fun stuff.;)

My diet has been impeccable lately. I am down to 190 pounds (86 kg), and I look pretty damn good. Veins starting to be visible here and there. Some quad separation, chest, back and delts are more clear-cut. Some blurry abs. I am aiming at for 80 kg, and by then I will look like a tall, white version of Bruce Lee!

THANKS FOR SHARING GUYS. I AM GLAD MY POSTS ARE ENTERTAINING FOR SOME OF YOU.

Rihad 2.0 style?
I guess so. I think Rihad has made amazing progress, and he looks incredible. I am starting to look incredible too. We are bodybuilders after all. Sure, its vain and narcissistic I suppose. As is obsessing over how strong you are. Not all of us want to be fat powerlifters.

Enjoying building the straw-man there?

'twas just a query about your new goals, don't mistake it for more than that, mate.

On the general note of 'fat' powerlifters - I think this stereotype is fading, and fast, now that the equipped BS era seems to have died a quick and painful death - in terms of popularity at least. YouTube fitness // lifting community has put the stereotype to death v.quickly.

I agree rihad has got a good physique now. Really good in some areas, weaker in others and become lean. No doubt. But what if he had cut down to a lean state quicker then bulked then cut again. I believe he could have built even more mass than he has. You dont have to get fat to bulk either.

Back