sex & training

None that I can tell.
biggrin.gif

I guess it depends on how crazy you get.
I remember reading somewhere that a one-hour session at moderate pace uses up around 200 calories, not sure if it's accurate or not. Sure as hell beats jogging.

I can't either Xkane but Mark Rippetoe strongly discourages it. Maybe it affects your hormones in a way that screws up your training. I really don't know..

<div>
(Minime @ May 13 2008,10:12)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I've heard the opposite - sexual activity inreases T...</div>
Heck, I always thought the whole point of training was in order to have sex...  
wink.gif

I know for myself personally I can't draw up a batch within 3 hours of training or I can't get my intensity up.

There is a reason you feel so relaxed after sex (I am sure someone here can explain the chemical reactions) and that is not a feeling that I feel goes well with pushing weights.

Sure it increases T in the long run, but save sex for after lifting when T is at it's highest! It's more fun that way and you'll get a better workout

<div>
(Joe.Muscle @ May 13 2008,11:25)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Well...what about if you have sex while you are lifting weights???
laugh.gif
rock.gif
</div>
Hm, in order to achieve progressive overload, you'd have to feed her huge amounts of food... Expensive in the long run, and what about after SD?

<div>
(Joe.Muscle @ May 13 2008,11:25)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Well...what about if you have sex while you are lifting weights???
laugh.gif

rock.gif
</div>
Doesn't work man! The weights get pushed aside every time! I don't let her in here any more!
tounge.gif

<div>
(Joe.Muscle @ May 13 2008,4:25)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Well...what about if you have sex while you are lifting weights???
laugh.gif

rock.gif
</div>
Joe, it would appear that you need a little more focus in your life!  
tounge.gif

<div>
(wannagrow @ May 13 2008,9:34)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Does sex or masturbation have a detrimental effect on training, strength etc and if so why?</div>
Are you kidding me? If this is worth a thought in your head, then you need to re-evaluate your life.

In regards to my own personal experience, I believe sex before training isn't beneficial to my training due to the relaxed state it puts me in. However, it does provide a good warmup, but I like to think of my training as a warmup for bed!

I'm not kidding, Colby, but thanks for the nice comment. There is reason to believe that abstinence will enhance your performance and get you new PRs, albeit in the short run.

You're too young to have sex! As for the &quot;other&quot;, it will make you go blind! You should be ashamed of yourself Grasshopper.
cool.gif

Back