sex & training

The only effect I've ever noticed is that sex immediately before training or within a couple hours prior to training always seems to ruin my training that day.

<div>
(wannagrow @ May 13 2008,10:34)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Does sex or masturbation have a detrimental effect on training, strength etc and if so why?</div>
I am not sure, but I noticed my right arm is bigger then my left one.
Just kidding.
biggrin.gif

Tot, judging by the muscles showing up in your avatar, you must not be getting much close to training time!    
laugh.gif

thanks to the thread starter. I persuaded my wife to help me test out this theory before I went to the gym today. no problems!

No matter what, abstinence is not on the map. Sex happens to be the only effective sleeping aid that I know of...
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Minime @ May 14 2008,6:16)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">No matter what, abstinence is not on the map. Sex happens to be the only effective sleeping aid that I know of...
biggrin.gif
</div>
Bar none this is true!

<div>
(lcars @ May 14 2008,3:11)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">i have sex when ever i feel like it, before training or after, whatever.</div>
Perhaps, but sex during training tends to upset the folks at my gym....
wink.gif

<div>
(bullseye @ May 16 2008,5:26)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Progressive sex will increase hypertrophy.  
wow.gif
</div>
Only if you add weights to your cock ring and use proper form that includes the hamstrings and glutes.

&quot;Perhaps, but sex during training tends to upset the folks at my gym.... &quot;

Shoot, it wouldnt upset me... I have been looking for one of those hardcore gyms...

<div>
(bgates1654 @ May 17 2008,7:36)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(bullseye @ May 16 2008,5:26)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Progressive sex will increase hypertrophy.
wow.gif
</div>
Only if you add weights to your cock ring and use proper form that includes the hamstrings and glutes.</div>
That would require lot's of SD.

Well I'll try to be a little more serious
smile.gif

Sex could if it's good sex, act as an anti-stress activity. This can counter cortisol levels and thereby facilitate testosterone production. Also physical intimasy between adults in context of a loving relationship with mutual affection tend to enhance growth hormone levels in both partners.

That sounded tiddlywiddlypiddly-cute
biggrin.gif

A study from 1997(Heidenreich) found no change in levels of serum testosterone at either 1 or 24 hours after ejaculation.

<div>
(bullseye @ May 18 2008,8:34)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Sex could if it's good sex, act as an anti-stress activity.</div>
The only bad sex is no sex at all...

A quicky might process more stress than pleasure. After rain comes sunshine and after bad sex comes good sex. And don't forget about the negative phase...one missisippi two missisippi three missisippi.....

Did I write that?
blush.gif

Guys...this has become one silly thread...we should be discussing HST and means to better it.

Not to say that I am at alll against finding disverse opinions about the topic but really there is only so much one can find.

The matter remains that only those extremelly serious...and silly IMO
laugh.gif
would skip sex to keep strength or gains or whatever but if we really analyse whatever research is there about the matter those are nothing but an insignificant drop in the ocean
wink.gif

It is obvious that it will deplete one's energy before training, but only if it is practiced way close to the training time, that is obvious as one can spend quite a bit of energy doing this, depending on experience and personal preference. I don't however see what a quicky would deplte that would influence one's traiuning so badly!

My point...we have depleted this subject, IMO!
biggrin.gif

Yep you're right Fausto. Things got a little silly..but I also think that sex is a pretty important factor in overall well being that in the end can cause possible results in training. Combined with other lifestylefactors it can make quite an impact on health, stress and mental outlook. I'm thinking of stuff like sleep, sunlight, smoking, sex and relationships and alcohol (24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?
smile.gif
)

I think the OP's question is interesting as in &quot;are there studies indicating positive or negative effects of orgasm in hypertrophy and strength training due to hormonal changes?&quot;.
We did, though, get silly
smile.gif

That said, it occurs to me that to eliminate the relaxed feeling from ejaculation in a workout, one could perform some coitus interruptus, go do the workout, then come back to it for a finisher.
See? Warmup, workout, and cardio all in one. You just have to get HER to go along with it...

Back