sore throat - damn...

yeah, the pills I've got are 60mg but don't seem to do anything much to/for me (apart from work as a decongestant). Probably a good thing, overall ;)

Yeah- for those who are sensitive to it, pseudoephedrine can make their lives miserable for a bit- shakes, nervousness, even paranoia. For those of us who tolerate it, though, it's a blessing- no more runny nose (at least for several hours, any way).

<div>
(Jake @ Feb. 10 2007,23:35)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Yeah- for those who are sensitive to it, pseudoephedrine can make their lives miserable for a bit- shakes, nervousness, even paranoia.  </div>
Talking about medicine or marriage?
rock.gif

Anyway, got to the gym today and a surprisingly good workout - was able to up most of my weights
smile.gif

Think I may have been a bit too enthusiastic about eating enough not to lost weight while I had a sore throat - I've put on nearly a kilo since Weds ;)

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Talking about medicine or marriage? </div>

wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
Shhhhhh !!!!!!

Well, this is what you get for participating in a sore throat thread. I started with one, and the headache and the rest, about 6 hours ago. Started the zinc lozenges a couple of hours ago so let's see how they work. My only prior experience was very successful, so I'm hoping...

<div>
(Jake @ Feb. 11 2007,14:27)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Well, this is what you get for participating in a sore throat thread. I started with one, and the headache and the rest, about 6 hours ago. Started the zinc lozenges a couple of hours ago so let's see how they work. My only prior experience was very successful, so I'm hoping...</div>
Oh dear
sad.gif
virtual infection?

Hope it does stop quickly, anyway. Oh yeah, I'm sure you know this already - but it's also worth drinking lots of fluids.

Thanks! So here's the progress report- I've been up all night writing a grant- going on 26 hours at this point with at least 8 more to go, and besides being pretty tired (go figure...), I'm symptom free! No sore throat, no headache, no chills. That's just after four lozenges. We'll see how it goes over the next couple od days, seeing as I've beeen beating myself up. Guess who's not lifting tonight.
rock.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Guess who's severely catabolic? </div>

Man, you have no idea- I can feel i it in my bones. UGH! when 5pm comes, I'm going to bed!!!

Man, I thought I left this type of application late
biggrin.gif
Anyway, glad the cold's feeling better.

Actually, my cold started to get better while I was working on a funding application myself. Clearly, this type of application is therefore a miracle cure for colds. If anyone wants to try this cure, please get in touch - I've got a couple of funding applications I could 'let' you complete, all for a very reasonable fee
biggrin.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Send me some funds and I'll feel a HELL of a lot better, guaranteed!</div>

That's what I wrote in my grant- maybe they'll listen! Anyway, after a good 9-hour sleep, I'm back to normal. No sore throat or other symptoms, so it was either the grant writing (could be, jmm- it does have that purgative quality to it, doesn't it?) or the zinc. Or both. Whatever. OK- it's squat time!
laugh.gif

<div>
(Jake @ Feb. 13 2007,21:29)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> <div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Send me some funds and I'll feel a HELL of a lot better, guaranteed!</div>

That's what I wrote in my grant- maybe they'll listen! Anyway, after a good 9-hour sleep, I'm back to normal. No sore throat or other symptoms, so it was either the grant writing (could be, jmm- it does have that purgative quality to it, doesn't it?) or the zinc. Or both. Whatever. OK- it's squat time!
laugh.gif
</div>
Yep, more funds would definitely improve wellbeing.

Know what you mean about a purgative quality - it's been a long time since I've produced this much s***
tounge.gif

Back