Strategic Deconditioning (SD)

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">having excess muscle may not do him any advantages in the more endurance focussed events.</div>

Makes me wonder if this is a healthy state of affairs, the word excess points to somthing that shouldn't naturally be there.

Just a pointer.

As for Aaron's observances they make sense and are congruent with reality! I wonder how well a brute like the &quot;Big Show&quot; would do in such a contest
rock.gif
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Fausto @ Jul. 24 2006,22:20)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Makes me wonder if this is a healthy state of affairs, the word excess points to somthing that shouldn't naturally be there.

Just a pointer.</div>
well there aint no hope of ronnie being natural
biggrin.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">well there aint no hope of ronnie being natural
biggrin.gif
</div>
Amen to that, brother!

But doesn't he insist, up to now, that he's &quot;all natural&quot;?
laugh.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">But doesn't he insist, up to now, that he's &quot;all natural&quot;? </div>

Yah, and I am chinese! Really!
tounge.gif
rock.gif
wink.gif

Yeah, Coleman being &quot;all natural&quot; (as I remember he insists on being) is about as real as Fausto being a South African Chinese.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Funny stuff there, Fausto.
laugh.gif
That made me remember the first time we were in the same thread (about the time I just joined HST) and you were complaining (well, not really complaining) about your protein powder giving you constipation. It was just funny as hell, and your avatar back then was some crazy smiley, which made everything even funnier
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Yeah, Good times hey?
laugh.gif

i got that sorted out, i guesds that particular MRP was getting me clogged, my own fault, noiw I have oats &quot;elke dag&quot; and I am as regular as can be! 8:00 - 8:05 sharp I am doing a &quot;job&quot;.
laugh.gif

I should try those oats myself. I'm usually &quot;on time&quot;, but I guess too much stress also affects it. It's a bugger when you feel you have to go and you're at work - or in a client meeting.
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I still did not get an answer regarding &quot;The Big Show&quot;.

Then there is this big oak of a guy (Mark Anthony I believe) apparently South African but he was a power lifter, man he's as ugly as they come.

He's big ang strong, but whether he'll do good in powerlifting depends on if he's actually training the movement. You just can't be big and fat but refuse to train the movement.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Then there is this big oak of a guy (Mark Anthony I believe) apparently South African but he was a power lifter, man he's as ugly as they come.</div>
Mark Anthony? Isn't he a pop star or something? Maybe you mean Mark Henry, as in the world's strongest man Mark Henry? Since he already won that competition years ago, I guess that means he already did very well.

As a drug free powerlifter I always noted that once the calorie supply was reduced to anything like maintenance, the strength gains dried up. I found powerlifting when hungry to be a S_H_I _T experience, at best you lose a little strength in return for fat loss. However I find that even on a pretty tight diet I can go up in little bodybuilding exercises like curls, raises, extensions, shrugs and especially chins and dips which are body weight reliant for resistance.

I think its probably best to dedicate years to eating quite well and gaining weight until your lifts do not improve. Then start bodybuilding, cos powerlifting the same weights or less is no fun at all. Of course from a health perspective this may not be optimum....

Thats my opinion. For a short while my 210k squat was a national unequipped Masters record in the UK, and my 260k unequipped dead at 96k is still a North East record, so I know a little about the game.

Back