Strengthmill

Strengthmill.com forum
Very new and not many posters yet, but coach Rippetoe himself answers questions and he personally help me set up my SST program!!! That alone is awesome!
cool.gif
Some of you guys (like Lol for example) who are more into strength than bodybuilding might really like it.

Just joined, thanx for the link! Seems like a good site so far, nice people. One guy sick of BB.com - I like him allready!

Great forum Sci. Thanks for the heads up. Spent the last couple of hours browsing there when I should have been catching some zzzs. This hobby of ours is just too darn interesting.  
smile.gif

Glad to read you will be cleaning too.

It seems like a good forum, but why can't we have such discussions here? I really feel like the activity of this great forum has been dwindling.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">It seems like a good forum, but why can't we have such discussions here? I really feel like the activity of this great forum has been dwindling. </div>
I think it ebbs and flows, but with the addition of the logs it's been diluted. Nonetheless, I watch Tot, Lol, Bull, Slapshot and a couple others. I even check YOU out now and then Colby! I just prefer to watch guys closer to my age or size and strength for comparison purposes of application.
Funny thought:
laugh.gif
Isn't it amazing at just how much science, opinion, medicine, study and digression goes on over the push and pull of a bar with weight on it?

i think sci put it best.
besides diff. forums provide diff. avenues for people. some i read for info and/or post questions others i just read and still there are some i feel i have advice i can actually give. they all have their own personality
in this case i think sci, lol and others &quot;more&quot; interested in the strength side of lifting will need to go elswhere to get their Q answered more thoroughly and by like-minded, experienced lifters.

Funny thought:    Isn't it amazing at just how much science, opinion, medicine, study and digression goes on over the push and pull of a bar with weight on it?

quad
im more amazed by how the application of all that knowledge and study can and does give a wide variation in results between individuals.

anyway, like quad said the discussion is usually ebb and flow. ever notice how you read something that really piques your interest so you post some thoughts or questions only to get very little response............two months later you go on vacation and return to find that very topic debated ad nauseam with lots of good input..........minus you of course, go figure.

nice forum btw, good find.

<div>
(Aaron_F @ Feb. 01 2008,23:25)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">hahha

I like one of the moderators</div>
cykomiko, is that you Aaron?
rock.gif

Then you'd better put your study hat on, 'cause I've a BUNCH of links for you!  
wow.gif

Oh, and the Strengthmill site should be right up your alley, little strongman!

Just a FYI for you guys who might be thinking about joining based on what I just experienced - the site doesn't function correctly with Firefox. Seems to work fine with IE though - which makes very little sense to me. Regardless - very cool site. Thanks for the tip, sci.

Hmm. I joined and now when I log in it gives me a message to introduce myself but no link to the actual forum.

edit: _tim answered my question before I asked it
blush.gif

I dunno, I've looked at Strengthmill several times now. It seems like most of the threads read like BB.com -- full of blowhard opinions and crude language. I can appreciate Rippetoe, but many of the others leave a lot to be desired...
rock.gif

<div>
(TunnelRat @ Feb. 06 2008,12:12)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I dunno, I've looked at Strengthmill several times now. It seems like most of the threads read like BB.com -- full of blowhard opinions and crude language. I can appreciate Rippetoe, but many of the others leave a lot to be desired...
rock.gif
</div>
I was reading and found the same thing. The same can be found at Lyle's forum and other body building forums. HST may not have the most active forum, but we bring out the best in people, and wrong behavior on a forum is not tolerated here.

<div>
(TunnelRat @ Feb. 06 2008,17:12)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I dunno, I've looked at Strengthmill several times now. It seems like most of the threads read like BB.com -- full of blowhard opinions and crude language. I can appreciate Rippetoe, but many of the others leave a lot to be desired...  
rock.gif
</div>
I'm only there because of Rippetoe. Having read through several other threads I have to agree with you but it is still a useful forum as long as Mr Ripp is replying to questions.

That's what got me there, too. I'm sure there are a few very knowledgeable folks on that board, but other than Ripp's forum, I haven't found anyone I find to be even half as knowledgeable (and helpful) as the folks around here.

Back