stretch and load on lats

[b said:
Quote[/b] (robefc @ Oct. 18 2005,4:41)]http://www.bodybuildinglive.com/vincegironda/pages/45_degree_pulley_pull.htm
hopefully should work now.

What's your view on grip width for rows? I'm thinking that a narrower grip restricts the range of motion as you can't move the arms back as far (because the handle hits your stomach). I've also heard a narrower grip is for the middle of your back and a wider one focuses more on the lats (no idea if that is right or not though!)
Yup that's the one

IMO, Grip width with rows matters little except real wide grips which automatically start putting more emphasis on upper traps simply because during the pulling movement when real wide you automatically try to pull towards your chest, wide grips tend to rotate shoulders.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]So, narrow-grip chinups are actually better at hitting the lats? I can definitely use more weight this way. Anyway, Dan suggests palms facing in, while Jester said palms away. Can someone explain why?

This is just a personal choice, I was looking for validation behind it more than anything :p

I personally prefer the wide grip becuase my lats give out at the same time my bis (and I suppose other upper back muscles do).

With the supinated lose grip and palms facing each other grip, it's my arms that give out/fail first. I use them when I'm doing 6x a week HST, as that way I can do a rowing and chinning exercise on the same day and still alternate

e.g. W/O 1: BB rows, close grip chins, W/O 2: Seated/DB rows, wide grip chins...

Anyway...

Back