T-Dog's Training Log

Nice goals! I’d like to be the same in the Bench and Dead Lift by the end of the year but I think 315 lbs is more realistic for me in the Squat. Here’s hopping we both make it.

Cheers,
Dean

March 14th
I have been lifting with a partner the last couple workouts and I enjoy the company. He is fairly new to lifting so it is a teaching thing also.
This is my 3rd workout in the 5's. I had great determination tonight and I was proud of my lifts.
I am lifting more weight now than ever and I know I say this a lot lately, but it has me stoked! PRs on squats for sure. A question to anyone reading this: Do heavy squats build strength in other areas than legs? I ask, because I lifted 10lbs higher on bench press and they felt remarkably like my last sets. I assumed they would feel "heavier", but I did not struggle at all.
Here are my lifts. Oh, I got a little mixed up on my lifts and lifted Squats again. I was so excited about getting past 200lbs that I didn't even realize this until we were into our second set. I was not overly sore from doing squats two workouts in a row. I thought i would. Hm...

Bench Press - 185lbs 3x5 *seemed as easy as last workout
Squat - 205lbs 3x5 (New PR)
Seated Row - 195lbs 3x5 (New PR)
D.B. Press and Squeeze - 130lbs 2x7
Latt Pulldown - 145lbs 3x5 *seemed easier than last lift.
Arm Iso's

A question to anyone reading this: Do heavy squats build strength in other areas than legs?
Squats and deadlifts are "whole body" exercises. They put the "pound" in compound lift.

They both pretty much build strength everywhere between your toes and the top of your head.

Back