The Look

<div>
(jvroig @ Dec. 24 2005,03:51)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Somewhere in between. Defintely more muscle than Brad Pitt, but most definitely not Arnold because it's just out of my reach without steroids. I just want to reach my genetic max and then diet down to 5%BF. Or maybe 3%
biggrin.gif
</div>
I have often thought that Jason Scott Lee had the best 'in between' look:

jason_scott_lee.jpg

Ripped like Bruce Lee, but with better bulk, and not so huge that he looks silly.

Ehhh as far as a specific look goes, who knows. I've trained since 7th grade just for the love of training. Only recently have I really decided to up my size, so I'm just looking to bump myself up about 15 pounds to maintain over 200 lbs, then I'll work from there. Probably going for more of a wrestler/UFC figher look of overall fitness, probably with a bit more bulk though.

Man, I just want to be the very best I can be...

I would have to go with either Clark Bartram &quot;look&quot;, the Roger Applewhite &quot;look&quot;, or even the Chris Benoit &quot;look&quot;:

Here is Clark:

cbartram_main2.jpg

Here is Roger:

97161989115.jpg

and here is Chris:

chris_benoit-0.jpg

Now if I was going to go for size...

I would probably shoot for a Batista look or Lashley:

batista.jpg

Bobby%20Lashley.jpg

The look I'm going for (muscle wise) would be like either Ricardo Arona or Vitor Belfort (MMA fighters)

Rakki, Glad to see another MMA fan around here. I love the sport. Just my opinion, but they are some of the best conditioned athletes on the earth.

Keystone

Next to football players and Rugby players...MMA are definitely in the major leagues of muscle and toughness...

<div>
(Keystone @ Apr. 26 2006,09:07)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Rakki, Glad to see another MMA fan around here. I love the sport. Just my opinion, but they are some of the best conditioned athletes on the earth.

Keystone</div>
I totally agree!
biggrin.gif

BTW
did you see Pawel Nastula against Nog?

a world Champion Judoka who is normally fit by any standard gassed while Nog looked like he could have gone all night

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">did you see Pawel Nastula against Nog?
</div>

I don't specifically remember the fight but I saw it for sure. I searched Sherdog to refresh my memory and see they fought in June 2005 at Pride Critical Countdown 2005. Is that the fight you are referring to? I never miss a Pride or UFC PPV. Can't wait for the Pride open weight tournament that premieres next Friday. Then we have Hughes/Gracie next month as well.
smile.gif

Talking about conditioning. Rich Franklin is in superb shape. Matt Hughes is in this months issue of Muscle and Fitness. I also think there was an article about Rich Franklin in last months Men's Health.

The sport is starting to explode and is starting to hit the mainstream audience. Maybe ESPN will find time to cover the sport instead of covering hot dog eating contests.
smile.gif

Keystone

If I looked like Bobby Lashley my wife would probably divorce me (she hates his lats amoung other things).

More Randy Orton I would have thought.

I am
73.25&quot;
7&quot; wrist
9&quot; ankle
164lbs.
12% BF

In november, 4 months before HST I only weight 154.

Want to get to:
same height of and ankle and wrist (it was just for frame size)
175lbs 5%BF

long way to go!

<div>
(Totentanz @ Apr. 22 2006,23:42)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I don't even know what look I'm going after anymore...  I just want to be strong as hell.</div>
Totentanz, your reply rocks...great to read in a bodybuilding forum.
cool.gif

I would say the exact same thing with one adjustment...

&quot;I don't even know what look I'm going for anymore... I just want to be strong as hell. AND have low bodyfat!&quot;

After all I wouldn't want to be strong as hell with 30% bodyfat...basically a powerlifting sumo-dude!
biggrin.gif

my question would be is why do a hst routine when you want to be strong as hell? there are much better programs for strength!

its all about the look,hence hypertrophy specific.i want muscles plain and simple,if i gain some strength along with it,thats great.

dont get me wrong i didnt say you wouldnt gain strength from hst but its not designed as a strength program per say,even though you will gain strength through size its not speciffic to strength.and like i said there are better strength programs.if your goals are strength which one or two of you clearly stated in this and other threads why not use one tailored to strength?

Back