The Results Are In!

• Thread starter Thread starter Key Of David
  • Start date Start date
<div>
(scientific muscle @ Dec. 26 2006,05:38)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I don't count calories and protein and all that jazz.  I just eat and watch the scale, if it goes up too fast I cut back, if it goes up too slow I eat more.  Nutrition is important, but too many people overthink it.  All the science I have looked at basically says...eat enough to grow, eat a balanced diet, get enough protein and vitamins, etc.  Basic stuff.
wink.gif
</div>
Didn´t Dave Tate eat a lot of junk food, which contained huge amounts of carbs and also a load of fat, but only a moderate amount of protein. And that guy is huge. And muscular now after his cut too. :-)

I also read that the average sumo-wrestler have more muscle mass than the average bodybuilder (or something like that), which might suggest that calorie surplus is the most important factor for muscle growth, diet-wise.

If you eat a lot its strange if you didnt go over 2.0 g protein/kg bodyweight (about 1g/pound).
And as far as I know there have been no studies showing that more than 2g/kg is benficial for hypertrophy.

Again,

I just don't know how much protein it really takes.

Who know like I said maybe .5 grams is enough with adequate calories and carbs?

<div>
(Sniggel @ Dec. 27 2006,15:11)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Didn´t Dave Tate eat a lot of junk food, which contained huge amounts of carbs and also a load of fat, but only a moderate amount of protein. And that guy is huge. And muscular now after his cut too. :-)</div>
You're right but you might want to read these articles before concluding that eating any old rubbish the the way to go.

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/dave_tate_1.htm

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/dave_tate_2.htm

In summary, Tate wasn't a picture of health after eating rubbish and he cleaned up his diet to cut.

I've been reading a lot of Berardi's stuff recently and am most intrigued by the stuff about gaining muscle and losing fat (I know, I know impossible...but...!)

Right now I'm eating a lot after training and then mostly vegetables, fruit and protein the rest of the time to see if I can maintain my weight but lose fat and increase strenght and lean mass.

Best thing was I basically came up with this idea myself and then read berardi's stuff which advoates the same thing :-D

Cheers

Rob

Back