Those last 2 inches

Mindwraith

Up until 2 weeks ago I was losing half an inch around my belly every week. I'm now down to the last 2 inches, I've not lost one single millimeter in the past 2 weeks. What besides liposuction can I do to get rid of this fat which seems to plague me everytime I reach the end of my cutting phase? Apparently the lipoderm-Y isn't working as much as I'd hoped. I'm still eating about 800-1000 below mantainence every day and haven't lost any muscle so far. The advise Lyle gives is a "no can do" for me since morning workouts are out of the question due to work. That leaves me pretty stumped. There has to be some way to get rid of it, else I'm seriously considering lipo-suction since my body simply will not touch this last layer with a 10 foot pole.

I guess you're not a newbie since you've asked Lyle already (did he mention monkeys in his reply ? It kind of worries me that the references to monkeys has dropped in the last few years. Is he going sane ?
tounge.gif
).

Have you tried jacking up the cardio ? Is UD2 completely out of the question ? Spinning (kind of HIIT) should also do something to that layer...other than this, drugs and lipo I'm all out of advice.

Good luck, though!

What is UD2? Yeah Lyle's suggestion for stubborn fat removal is a tad impossible given my work schedule. Stepping up the cardio may be of some use. I've only been using the Lipoderm-Y for about 2 weeks, its possible that it could take longer to work.

Supplements are supplements. They won't "fix" you diet, but they'll help you get there. I'd spend more time on my diet/exercise regimen if I were you.

UD2 is Lyle's latest diet = Ultimate Diet v 2.0. Check it out!
worship.gif

If i were you id get back up to maintenance calories for a few weeks and then give it another shot. 800-1000 under maintenance is a big deficit and your body may be exhibiting a starvation response.

When i drop weight i can't lose more than 10 or so pounds at a time because my body just catches up to me. Other than that add HIIT. Thats all the advice ive got.

Good luck

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm still eating about 800-1000 below mantainence every day

is that maintainance calculated from your previous body weight? or is it maintainance based on your current weight?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stevie @ Feb. 19 2004,1:33)]is that maintainance calculated from your previous body weight? or is it maintainance based on your current weight?
good point stevie, didnt think of that.

Good point, yes thats based off my previous weight although there isn't much of a difference, from 200 to 190 all fat loss except maybe a 1% drop in muscle. I refeed on Fridays and Saturdays taking my calories up past mantainence each of those days. This normally will reset that starvation response, but maybe you're right, I should take it back up to 2700 and hover there and then try again.

As for UD2 I'll have to go find that.

Thanks guys.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ](did he mention monkeys in his reply ? It kind of worries me that the references to monkeys has dropped in the last few years. Is he going sane ? ).

check out his new avatar at bodyrecomposition or avant forums...

The leaner you get, the less absolute mass of fat you'll be losing per week. 1 pound can make the difference from 9% to 8%, and yet you may need 2 weeks to lose it (if you also want to preserve as much lean mass as possible). 200-300 gr of fat loss per week are not going to show on the scale or your waistline. Forget waist measurements and get calipers. You'll be able to see the abdominal skinfold going down even if your waistline remains the same.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mindwraith @ Feb. 23 2004,4:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Forget waist measurements and get calipers. You'll be able to see the abdominal skinfold going down even if your waistline remains the same.
Really? How is this?
Because as you get leaner, your breath and your GI contents will affect much more your waistline and will make consistent measurements more difficult.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mindwraith @ Feb. 24 2004,12:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Forget waist measurements and get calipers. You'll be able to see the abdominal skinfold going down even if your waistline remains the same.
Really? How is this?
...and the obvious - you may add lean tissue, which will make the circumference (sp?) the same, while the subcutanous (sp?) layer of fat thinner.

In order to stop the "starvation response" you need to go back up to the "maintenance level" calories for 1-2 weeks. Then when you go down in calories again, only go down 500 below maintenance. THE MOST IMPORTANT thing is that you cycle your calories so your body doesn't lower your metabolism. Remember that when you do cardio, to subtract the calories that you're burning from the calories that you're eating. I hope that helps.

Back