Thyroid hormones?

LittleBigHorn

I'm just wondering if anyone here might be capable of reading the results of my thyroid hormone profile and giving me his/her analysis? I have vitiligo, an autoimmune disorder where skin pigment is progressively lost, and the doctor had me check my thyroid function (among other things), since there is apparently a connection between vit and other autoimmune disorders, such as those where the body destroys the thyroid.

- EDITED to provide units -

As far as I can read the chart, these parts of the results pertain to thyroid function:

S - TSH:      2.49 mU/l
S - T4 - V:   16.1 pmol/l
S - TPOAb:  NEGATIVE IU/ml

I didn't really appreciate the fact that I, having read up on vitiligo before going to see the doctor, in fact seemed to know more about the potential treatments and their benefit to risk ratios than she did. She was going to put me on this extremely greasy immunomodulating cream that I'm supposed to smear on my skin twice a day (cream that is derived from toxic fungus.. cream that has shown to increase the risk of lymphoma!). I told her I'd much rather prefer a narrowband UVB treatment regime, which would at least be a more natural way to regain pigment, and most likely less harmful one, since vitiligo patients seem to show less risk for skin cancer than healthy controls (paradoxally enough).

Anyway, I'm supposed to go back for a second appointment just so she can read the test results and once again refuse to grant me a prescription for a home UVB device, so I'm thinking I'll rather run the results by here (just to make sure I don't have any thyroid weirdness going on) and save the trouble and money of going to her again.. and get that UVB device from the black market..

Hmm.. no thyroid hormone experts here (or at least people with half decent knowledge on the subject who might be able to tell me where I stand and what these numbers represent?)?
rock.gif

I've tried to google it, but the results are inconclusive at best. Some sources say that I'm well within the normal range, possibly right in the middle of it, while others claim that any reading of TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) much over 2.0 is indicative of borderline hypothyroidism.

Back