tired legs

mantica

I'm on my 2nd cycle of HST. I'm doing squats and SLDL for legs 3x week. I also practice running & cycling, and during the last 3 weeks I had very weak legs, I wasn't able to go fast. I thought that I could drop squats/SLDL to 2x week (mon & fri) and do deadlifts only on wed. Could it be useful ? And how should I progress with weights for deads ?

Thank you

Andrea

Andrea

Welcome to HST!
biggrin.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'm doing squats and SLDL for legs 3x week. I also practice running &amp; cycling, and during the last 3 weeks I had very weak legs, I wasn't able to go fast.</div>

You are obviously doing too much, prioratize what is important to you, if cycling is it, then cut down the leg work as you propose, if body building is your priority cut down on some of the cycling.

Obviously people like the good Dr. Pierre Debbs may disagree but the again he is a mountain biker
wink.gif

Third option you are not taking in enough nutrition for the amount of work performed, try eating some more or a protein shake as an extra meal to see what the effects may be!
wink.gif

Ditto Fausto and get plenty of sleep if you can. It's quite likely that the effects you are feeling are as much CNS realated as they are muscular.

I don't know what loads you are using but, once I am on 5s, I squat 2 x weekly and dead just once a week. Even that leaves my legs feeling pretty hammered most of the time but I have been doing quite high volume.

With deadlifts, it won't matter that much how you decide to increment loads as it will be hard and heavy anyway. If you like, just throw on an extra 20lbs each week and then try to push beyond your present 5RM if you can. You can always cluster reps for deads to get to your required rep count and keep fatigue down.

Switch to Front squats and drop the weight and do only 2x a week.
Deadlift once a week.
Drop one training of cycling. Keep the cycling to high RP and low power, i.e
90 RPM at 65% your max heart rate.
Stop running for a week or so ( I am biased, I hate running)

do this until your legs feel strong again.

get good amounts of carbs and protein.

Back