Training upper back

<div>
(Lol @ Apr. 23 2008,7:58)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I like the idea of incline shrugs and may get around to giving them a try during this cycle. I can't quite picture how I'm going to get the weight off the rack pins/rods in that position at the start of a set. It might become obvious when I give it a go.</div>
A workbench with out attached rack is optimal but not crucial.If you have no partner / spotter to assist then You'll need some blocks (cinder blocks are common and cheap) , adjustable sawhorses are another option , a little ingenuity and a garage / workshop can go a long way. Kelso's shrug bible (not sure of the exact title) might be an interesting read also if interested.
smile.gif

<div>
(RUSS @ Apr. 23 2008,8:18)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">... and in fact once the connection is made with the lats on the &quot;feel&quot; level you will feel them in deads , benching and all kinds of lifts. Even a barbell rolled under a flat bench , while limited in range of motion can be used to accomplish this.</div>
I've been using dumbbells under a flat bench. They give a much greater ROM than a barbell, yet offer much the same resistance.

And, oh yeah, it's nice to see you posting again. Did you notice my 320 lb. deadlift...?
smile.gif

<div>
(TunnelRat @ Apr. 24 2008,11:19)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(RUSS @ Apr. 23 2008,8:18)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">... and in fact once the connection is made with the lats on the &quot;feel&quot; level you will feel them in deads , benching and all kinds of lifts. Even a barbell rolled under a flat bench , while limited in range of motion can be used to accomplish this.</div>
I've been using dumbbells under a flat bench. They give a much greater ROM than a barbell, yet offer much the same resistance.

And, oh yeah, it's nice to see you posting again. Did you notice my 320 lb. deadlift...?
smile.gif
</div>
That's a great lift man , honestly though I'm not overly suprised as way back when you were doing kortes' 3x3 I knew you'd be one to watch.
smile.gif

Back