UF Researcher Unlocks Secrets

Sonny

sneaky2.gif

It says he unlocks secrets, yet none of that was a secret. In fact, it sounds like complete waste, to me.

"More importantly, however, overuse of the supplement can lead to kidney problems."

I love how "studies" claim things like this and then do nothing to back it up. Either that, or they make it seem incredibly dire that people know that *gasp* water consumption must be increased! What a tragedy!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I love how "studies" claim things like this and then do nothing to back it up.
note that the comment about kidney problems was not a quote of the researcher, but a comment from the article writer.

I love this:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Now, in a study funded by one of the largest grants ever awarded by the National Athletic Trainers Association Research and Education Foundation, Michael Powers, an assistant professor in UF's department of exercise and sport sciences, shows for the first time that creatine increases both the body's overall water content and its ratio between intracellular and extracellular water.

Well, I certainly am glad *that's* cleared up!!!

exactly which part of this is a must-read?

I don't consider myself a creatine expert (at all) but that was stuff I thought we all knew already. Guess not.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoSox @ Oct. 11 2004,4:37)]exactly which part of this is a must-read?
I don't consider myself a creatine expert (at all) but that was stuff I thought we all knew already. Guess not.
If you were already an expert then why did you guys read it?
In all you infinitesimal wisdom did you happen to read the study date ?
Thats what I thought .
sneaky2.gif

This board is getting like MH with a bunch of children babbling trying to make themselves look smart .

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sonny @ Oct. 12 2004,7:45)]
sneaky2.gif

This board is getting like MH with a bunch of children babbling trying to make themselves look smart .
Or a bunch of old fatbodies who think they know what they are talking about and then get pissed off when people show them that they don't know crap. :)

[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoSox @ Oct. 11 2004,4:37)]exactly which part of this is a must-read?
Thats what I thought .
sneaky2.gif

One, he expressly said he wasn't an expert, just stated that what was in the report was common knowledge, which it is. Two, it was read, and my guess is most people also skipped the study date for this reason, because you posted it simply with an entry of "Read this..." along with a thread title of Unlocking Secrets or something along those lines. I suspect people were expecting to find something new and went to the page with some excitement, which is also why you got the responses you did.

Blah, Blah, Blah ,,,
Yak ,yak , yak …
Blah, Blah, Blah ,,,
Yak ,yak , yak …
“he expressly said he wasn't an expert”
Who are you? His Lawyer ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (baby a @ Oct. 12 2004,2:10)]
[b said:
sneaky2.gif

Or a bunch of old fatbodies who think they know what they are talking about and then get pissed off when people show them that they don't know crap. :)
Who do you have in mind Baby A ? :)

Sonny, just take a deep breath, chill out, and re-read (note the bold bits):
[b said:
[b said:
Thats what I thought .
sneaky2.gif

Nothing "lawyerish" about it, the guy said he wasn't an expert from the start, nothing to get your knickers in a twist about. You need to watch how your beef intake mate, it's turning you totally viking-like... ;)

“Knickers in a twist”
There not “Mate “
It’s just the way you perceive me “Mate “.
I talk the way I write.

So what was the point of posting this in the first place if you knew it was old news?

Aaron <- a big fat expert

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sonny @ Oct. 13 2004,7:29)]Who do you have in mind Baby A ? :)
I was referring to you, imbecile. Most definitely not Aaron F. You make yourself look more idiotic in every post. :)

Handbags, at 50 paces...

Most annoying thread titles (feel free to add your own!)

Newbie needs help (ie He's not read the FAQ)
New workout (courage of your own conviction?)
I don't get it
I still don't get it
I haven't got it, and it looks like I never will
I'm going back to HIT (boo-hoo, what a loss)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (baby a @ Oct. 14 2004,5:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sonny @ Oct. 13 2004,7:29)]Who do you have in mind Baby A ? :)
I was referring to you, imbecile. Most definitely not Aaron F. You make yourself look more idiotic in every post. :)
I hope you got my email twit . :)

Understood, but my comment was directed at both of you, not just you, Sonny. Sometimes, ya just gotta walk away, ya know?
Jake

Back