Unbelievable

restless

Unbelievable, a few cases of clenbuterol overdose resulting from meat comsumption just happened here in Portugal, apparently it was the second worst case of clenbuterol poisoning registed to this day, can you imagine the dosage they must have given the animal to cause acute overdosing in a human eating it's meat? Just after the big scandal that found nitrofuran in the meat of all birds a while ago now this. dang.....
:mad:
Sorry for the rant.

Did they get good fat loss before ODing?
happy.gif

Dont they test animals for clen etc over there? I Though even the USDA slackers tested for most things now so people cant get too much?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Aaron_F @ April 29 2003,12:03)]Did they get good fat loss before ODing?
happy.gif

Dont they test animals for clen etc over there? I Though even the USDA slackers tested for most things now so people cant get too much?
The laws are here but there's simply no fiscalization, the EEC has already warned Portugal many times. Everytime they perform tests to our meat they find some kind of drugs. It was a old man and his daughter that entered the hospital with a racing hearth beat and increased body temperature after a meal, they tested them and it was clenbuterol... With the amount of meat I eat I wonder if I can still call myself natural.. :confused:

My understanding is that terrible things are happening all over the EU regarding meat & vegetables. Today it will be veal from Portugal, tomorrow pork from France and the day after tomorrow chickens from Greece. The amount of chemicals used in the crops is unbelievable. Much more since the spread of genetically modified plants. Tomatoes ripen literally overnight. The laws are here, but so is corruption.
The good thing is that consumers are more and more alarmed and won't trust goverment organizations trying to appease them. Powerful consumer organizations and boycotts seem the only way to go.
As for countries outside the EU, as far as I can tell they live in ignorant bliss :confused:

[b said:
Quote[/b] (restless @ April 29 2003,9:12)]The laws are here but there's simply no fiscalization, the EEC has already warned Portugal many times. Everytime they perform tests to our meat they find some kind of drugs. It was a old man and his daughter that entered the hospital with a racing hearth beat and increased body temperature after a meal, they tested them and it was clenbuterol... With the amount of meat I eat I wonder if I can still call myself natural.. :confused:
Are you ripped?
do you take ECA?
could be interesting to say the least
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]As for countries outside the EU, as far as I can tell they live in ignorant bliss
yes were all in bliss,
Drug use in NZ is far less than elsewhere (in most ways it is illegal for use of anabolic agents on food animals. (all is vet controlelled as well, not as freely available as in the states - otherwise fina kits would do well here)
The main growth enchancer that is used, is specific use of antibiotics, although with the advent of resistant bugs, the use of antibiotics has also been reduced. By far the majority of animals (beef/mutton) are grass fed animals, well except in drought affected times, when there is no grass, but they generally have stocks of hay for that time.

On a side note:
My work sells a good growth enchancer for pigs,
well some pigs
its called "Liquid Genes"
or in more normal words, pig semen.
mmmmm, pork

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]yes were all in bliss

Oh no, I can't tell what's going on down there, I was talking about European countries outside the EU :D

Though judging from your writings you are in bliss :D

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The amount of chemicals used in the crops is unbelievable. Much more since the spread of genetically modified plants. Tomatoes ripen literally overnight.

genetically modified crops would lower the amount of chemicals a farmer would have to use on his crops.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]genetically modified crops would lower the amount of chemicals a farmer would have to use on his crops.

That's the optimistic way of looking at it. The truth is that they can't make the plants much more resistant to all pests, but it's easier to make them resistant to specific pesticides...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve McDermott @ April 29 2003,5:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (restless @ April 29 2003,3:12)]With the amount of meat I eat I wonder if I can still call myself natural.. :confused:
Now we know where your super fast metabolism comes from!!! ;)
No kidding. I wonder how Portuguese still manage to get so fat....

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]No kidding. I wonder how Portuguese still manage to get so fat....

They're not that fat... you should see Greeks. It seems than Clen is working after all :D. And considering its price, this may be the cheapest way to get it :D

[b said:
Quote[/b] (micmic @ April 29 2003,6:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]No kidding. I wonder how Portuguese still manage to get so fat....
They're not that fat... you should see Greeks. It seems than Clen is working after all :D. And considering its price, this may be the cheapest way to get it :D
LOL :D

Oh well, might as well laugh about it.....I wonder where exactly did they buy that meat....

restless,
I saw the news myself too (as good portuguese fella' like you :) ). I didn't find it as dazzling as you cause as far as I understood the meat came from a "close friend" farmer. This would mean the meat wouldn't have been controlled by any authorities and would have been delivered straightly to the consumer(s), clearing the way for the "dissemination" of the drug. I mean, the farmer being the direct seller would easily sell this kind of meat without any worries whatsoever. Just IMHO.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wheymuncher @ May 08 2003,2:33)]restless,
I saw the news myself too (as good portuguese fella' like you :) ). I didn't find it as dazzling as you cause as far as I understood the meat came from a "close friend" farmer. This would mean the meat wouldn't have been controlled by any authorities and would have been delivered straightly to the consumer(s), clearing the way for the "dissemination" of the drug. I mean, the farmer being the direct seller would easily sell this kind of meat without any worries whatsoever. Just IMHO.
Didn't know that. I guess that softens things up a bit but after the nitrofuran thing I don't trust meat producers anyway. :confused:

Back