Using Primer & Driver

Toma

Do you just use Primer & Driver on workout days before & after your workouts?

Do you use any other type of protein supplemtation on your "recovery" days?

Thanks,
Tom

I for one have done that; I have read of others here doing it as well.

The main reason for me is cost-effectiveness. Primer & Driver cost around $22-28 for about 2 lbs ($11-14/lb), where the regular whey isolate I typically use as a supplement (daily, in fact) is around $46 for 10lb ($5/lb.). The specific product is Optimum Nutrition 100% whey.

Using P & D daily would get expensive, to me. Everyone is different however.

Maximum cost effectiveness comes from using a fast protein (e.g Primer) prior to working out. The post-workout meal can consist of solid food. That's fine.

To be even more cost effective, we can avoid the use of any fast protein at all and simply time our solid meals to coincide with working out. I'd usually workout two hours after a solid meal, and even so, I'd sip skim milk throughout the workout.

To be honest, I do not have any records to compare my gains, but protein adequacy and caloric balance are the big picture, and if we just took care of that, we'd still grow pretty well :) Do try to take creatine and EFAs though. These two rank higher than protein powder, in my opinion.

Godspeed, and happy HSTing :)

I guess I should clarify my question a little more.

Is there a benifit to taking Primer & Driver outside of the workout window? Or are they specifically designed to work
for that purpose & you would be better using other proteins either from whole food or "recommeded" products. or can/should Primer & Sriver be used outside that workout window. Would it be benificial if so when would you use each? Brian?

Thank You
Tom

You can use Primer & Driver only around your workouts on workout days, and then use a cheaper alternative for use with meals. One bottle or Primer and one bottle of Driver will last over two months if used 3 times per week with your workouts.

If money is really tight, buy some cheap whey from a big company (or small company if you know they are legit). Then drink it with meals. This will slow down the absorption and increase its usefullness outside of your workouts.

On a side note, I am really really trying to find ways to make Primer & Driver more affordable. After all, I too was raised on a pretty tight supplement budget. I have something in mind, but it may take a few months to get it off the ground.

Back