Videos

Dag, Lol, that video nearly had me in tears!

(And to think there is a chain of fitness centers that would not like her because she "grunts"...)

<div>
(TunnelRat @ Jul. 08 2008,10:52)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Dag, Lol, that video nearly had me in tears!

(And to think there is a chain of fitness centers that would not like her because she &quot;grunts&quot;...)</div>
Typical musclehead behaviour!
biggrin.gif

OnT: Very Inspiring to see a girl doing that with her own bodyweight as load.

DM: that guy is unbelievable! Is he Spiderman unmasked? If he's not, I feel sub-human.
sad.gif

Colby: I reckon you get a better Tabata effect if you go with an exercise that allows for some decent speed of movement. Still, it looks like a great workout esp. if you find yourself stuck in a hotel room and with no gym in sight.

And while we are on the subject of brutish strength and power check out this vid of Ryan Kennelly benching 405 for 20 fast reps! Awesome power.

405 x 20

<div>
(Lol @ Jul. 15 2008,11:27)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">check out this vid of Ryan Kennelly benching 405 for 20 fast reps!

405 x 20</div>
Far be it from me to protest (I'll never even be able to deadlift that much), but I only counted three good bench presses. He only rarely seems to reach lockout.

Unless &quot;fast reps&quot; mean something else...

<div>
(Lol @ Jul. 15 2008,11:27)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">And while we are on the subject of brutish strength and power check out this vid of Ryan Kennelly benching 405 for 20 fast reps! Awesome power.

405 x 20</div>
Are you sure you didn't mean British strength?

<div>
(TunnelRat @ Jul. 16 2008,1:37)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Far be it from me to protest (I'll never even be able to deadlift that much), but I only counted three good bench presses. He only rarely seems to reach lockout.

Unless &quot;fast reps&quot; mean something else...</div>
TR: this is power/speed training. No need to lock out. He's going for power production, particularly focussing on drive out of the bottom it would seem. I can't even begin to imagine the stresses on your pecs and delts going that fast with that much weight. Very impressive if you ask me. He's chucking it around like it's a toy.
wow.gif

<div>
(Lol @ Jul. 16 2008,12:37)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Very impressive if you ask me. He's chucking it around like it's a toy.</div>
Oh, I am suitably impressed. I'd be happy to deadlift 100 lbs less than that...!

I noticed there aren't many videos of HST'ers in this log. I know LOL, bgates and FF have some videos of their lifts. Their form seems to be pretty good too, so posting their videos would be an education lesson for the rest of us!
biggrin.gif

Here's a new Crossfit workout vid that I thought was worth a link:

Mac:KingKong.mov
Win:KingKong.wmv

I don't think it'll be long before the guy's time is beaten but impressive nonetheless.

<div>
(Lol @ Oct. 15 2008,6:25)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">KingKong.wmv</div>
I got exhausted just from watching!

I'm glad he's on our side...

This is pretty cool too. I think I'm going to try this the next time I have some mates over for the evening and see how much I can manage.

Loaded Push-ups

Back