62.5 1X5, 2x3

Deadlift

60 1x3
70 1x2
75 1x2
80 1x1
90 1x1
100 1x5

Comments: Ok, my squat and deadlift are going through the roof in terms of progress but what happened to my bench press!? its regressing!!! I think its becuase I was busting a nut trying to squat that my muscles were fatigued?? Ok, now I really NEED some advice!

wanna, usually when the strength is regressing either you are not eating enough or you are accumulating fatigue. Considering that squat and deadlift are going fine, probably the eating part is ok. Try deloading a bit on the bench press reducing the weights and progressively building them up again.

Squat

20 1X8
30 1X6
40 1X4
55 1X3
65 1X2
75 1X1
87.5 2X5, 1x3, 1x2

Press

20 1X7
25 1X5
30 1X4
35 1X2
40 1X1
47.5 3X5

Power Clean

20 1X3
30 1X3
35 1X3
40 1X2
45 1X1
50 1X1
55 3X5 (extremely clustered last two sets)

Comments: Finally I have stalled on the squat. Its sad but I have to deal with it like any other stall. I've decided that my goal for the squat is to have a 5RM by christmas of 105 kg . Reasonable?

Press, after a major struggle I got the reps finally

Power clean: I had to pause a lot between the last few reps. Not good. Same weight next time. I also on a few reps hit my chest with the bar which I know is bad form and my legs were in a kind of side split instead of quarter squat. I know what good technique is; its just that putting it into practice is another matter.

Wanna, what is the weight for the power clean? It doesn't look too heavy for you, is that a RM? You are barely squatting down to rack the bar.

its 50kg, electric. It was just a form check which I did, so it isn't my PB or anything (still hard for me). Yep, I need to prepare to squat deeper for heavier weights, which I'm not used to.

The the thing which concerns me is that I can never synchronise the stomping and racking?

<div>
(wannagrow @ Jul. 09 2008,11:13)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Here's a vid of my power clean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR1Eh7DOTbE</div>
You don't seem to have much room in that gym...!!
sad.gif

No its a rubbish gym (Fitness First) I won't be training there much longer, I already ordered all the things for my home gym!! woohoo  
smile.gif

Did you know they charge me 480 quid for a one-year membership? Thats about $950!!

I am no expert, but the form looked great. You didn't jerk the weight off the floor, accelerated then did the second pull right and didn't seem to round the lower back.

I should probably explain whats going on and why I havent posted in ages..

I am still doing to this day the whole thing where I squat 3x/ week increasing the weight if I get 3x5 and I'm currently on 90 kg. I had to reset the weight once due to a week's layoff (SD if you like).

So I decided to take up oly weightlifting because I found a club and a coach and what I do is in the morning I do two strength training exercises like squats, presses or chins and in the evening I practice the oly lifts

So my new routine is something like this

AM
Squat 3x5
Press/ weighted chins 3x5 (rotating the exercises every MWF)

PM

Snatch 10 singles
Clean &amp; Jerk 10 singles
+1 assistance exercise (snatch or clean pulls, snatch balances, push jerks etc. depending on what my coach feels is necessary to improve)

<div>
(wannagrow @ Jul. 26 2008,1:14)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">So I decided to take up oly weightlifting because I found a club and a coach</div>
I think, in order to do the oly lifts properly, you have to have a coach.

Good for you that you've found one!
smile.gif

Back