Weight increase

Daviden

You may know me, but if you don't I am just starting high school and I have been starting to lift and was trying to figure out how often I should increase my weight and how much to increase it by.

You should be, at least, making an attempt to increase the weight on each of your exercises every single workout. You can find more about this topic by reading in the FAQ under the topic "Weight increments."

Yes, the whole deal with HST is to increase the weight EVERY workout. You accomplish this by beginning each rep cycle at a significantly lower weight than you could lift for that rep range. So if your 15 Rep Max on Bench is 100, on the first workout you'd drop down to 75 and stop at 15 reps even though you could do more. Then 80, 85, 90, 95 and 100 on the last workout in that 2 week block for the 15 rep cycle. You MUST determine what your 15 Rep Max (all you can possibly lift for 15 reps) is on each exercise before you even start the cycle. Likewise for each cycle- 10 RM, 5 RM, etc. Mr. Haycock recommends adding anywhere from 5 to 20 pounds each workout. However, everyone is different, so it's up to you to find what works best for you. :)

Back