What did you do after your first cycle?

Cool...anyway time for me to walk the walk!
wink.gif

Hey Fruitarian,

I'm glad to see someone else who seems to be as excited about a new training regime as I am. Not trying to repeat everyone else, but I saw your pics and you really remind me of a guy in my fraternity with the same base build and all. He probably has about 15 pounds on you and he is completely jacked... and with hard work and time I'm sure you will be too.

Looking forward to watching your log.

<div>
(UFGatorDude30 @ Jun. 01 2007,10:31)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Hey Fruitarian,

I'm glad to see someone else who seems to be as excited about a new training regime as I am.  Not trying to repeat everyone else, but I saw your pics and you really remind me of a guy in my fraternity with the same base build and all.  He probably has about 15 pounds on you and he is completely jacked... and with hard work and time I'm sure you will be too.

Looking forward to watching your log.</div>
Yeah I'm pretty excited about it, I've been doing this HST thing before but never completed it as I always got side tracked onto something else like hit or bodyweight exercisesbut now I've tried those out and not got what I wanted out of them I'm giving HST a go and I'm loving it, I love the idea of going up in weight every workout and I'm all about putting in the work....I love to train and now I want something to show for it, I'm looking forward to my next few cycles because by then I should be making good progress and gains.

Stay in touch man!
wink.gif

Okay Richard, I gave your site a complete read and want to focus on one aspect in particular; I'm not going to slam you or ask you for scientific studies to prove your beliefs, and I basically would have to refuse anecdotal evidence due to the nature of the discussion, so here goes.
I understand the vegan diets as being life-supportive, the cleansing necessities, and the basic health and success  of vegefruitarial people, no problem. You said:
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Don't listen to people that say you won't get all your nutrients eating fruits and veg,</div> upon which I could argue a bit, and:   <div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">if my body can stand 25 years of eating dead foods then I'm confident that my body can survive on living, fresh fruits. </div> to which I won't argue, because you can also &quot;survive&quot; on pizza, burgers and candy crap.
What you've set out to do is hypertrophy muscle, to which, as we all understand depends upon a fair amount of protein. And in general (sorry for this), veggie BB'ers are thin, save for an elite few who have magic secrets and pixie dust. The discussions against soy proteins is well known (including threads in here about it) and the estrogen problems associated therewith. (however bad they may be; I don't know)

And I'm not going to really &quot;say&quot; anything, save that I'll be watching your log with curiosity. Mostly due to the protein issue...and for some strange reason wherein doctors and scientists say that our bodies don't produce B12 from what I've heard...but for some reason you believe we do. A few drops of cyanocobalamin wouldn't hurt, but that would skew the results of your beliefs and the BB experiment.
I'm sure we would all appreciate your honest stats at this time to compare to later on, as this will be a very interesting experiment. And if you make some really decent gains on this nearly pure carb diet...the earth may stop turning. And heads will begin to. If you don't, many may smirk in smug self-satisfaction, but I'll give you credit for honesty and for trying, at least.
But do stay honest. We'll be watching you...
ghostface.gif

<div>
(quadancer @ Jun. 01 2007,19:25)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Okay Richard, I gave your site a complete read and want to focus on one aspect in particular; I'm not going to slam you or ask you for scientific studies to prove your beliefs, and I basically would have to refuse anecdotal evidence due to the nature of the discussion, so here goes.
I understand the vegan diets as being life-supportive, the cleansing necessities, and the basic health and success  of vegefruitarial people, no problem. You said:
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Don't listen to people that say you won't get all your nutrients eating fruits and veg,</div> upon which I could argue a bit, and:   <div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">if my body can stand 25 years of eating dead foods then I'm confident that my body can survive on living, fresh fruits. </div> to which I won't argue, because you can also &quot;survive&quot; on pizza, burgers and candy crap.
What you've set out to do is hypertrophy muscle, to which, as we all understand depends upon a fair amount of protein. And in general (sorry for this), veggie BB'ers are thin, save for an elite few who have magic secrets and pixie dust. The discussions against soy proteins is well known (including threads in here about it) and the estrogen problems associated therewith. (however bad they may be; I don't know)

And I'm not going to really &quot;say&quot; anything, save that I'll be watching your log with curiosity. Mostly due to the protein issue...and for some strange reason wherein doctors and scientists say that our bodies don't produce B12 from what I've heard...but for some reason you believe we do. A few drops of cyanocobalamin wouldn't hurt, but that would skew the results of your beliefs and the BB experiment.
I'm sure we would all appreciate your honest stats at this time to compare to later on, as this will be a very interesting experiment. And if you make some really decent gains on this nearly pure carb diet...the earth may stop turning. And heads will begin to. If you don't, many may smirk in smug self-satisfaction, but I'll give you credit for honesty and for trying, at least.
But do stay honest. We'll be watching you...
ghostface.gif
</div>
I don't mean to come off rude coz your probably a real cool guy but I'm not here to debate or prove anything, I came here to learn more about HST and get my workouts perfected, I didn't ask for any opinions on my eating habits, and I'm not here to discuss that, so I really don't care what anybody says or thinks because I'm gonna be doing what works for me regardless, I've already proved what I set out to prove and I've been doing this for 12 years, you even complimented me on my physique before you read my site, now you've read my site you wanna cast doubt and debate!....c'mon save it think of how boring it gets for me, really it does and your probably a better person than all of that!

I'm just gonna be posting my workouts like anybody else, if you wanna pay &quot;close&quot; attention to it then good luck to you, if that's what floats your boat then hey that's cool for you.....if your looking to see if I'm suddenly gonna fail at something I've already been sucessful at then you will see it anyway in my log at some point but don't point the big finger and declare that your watching me, that just comes across as a little off!

If your really that curious take a look at what I've been up to, it may save you burden of reading my journal....

http://z12.invisionfree.com/FLF/index.php?showtopic=1784

live your life and enjoy your workouts....

Peace....

Sorry man, absolutely didn't mean to come off antagonistic. I should proofread myself at times. It's a genuine curiosity as to what your height and weight are, to give some reference in the videos. You look to be 160 at the most at around 5'10 - 6'? Hard to tell.
Obviously you have some good functional strength too, the dips blew me away! The chins were strong too, although I like to qualify myself with the chin at least even if not over the bar, but that's me. Still a good lift for a guy your size.
As for the &quot;argument&quot;, I thought I was posting something simply curious about the diet and proteins before others dropped in hard on you: hey, I like radical things, I just want to see them work first.
Most of us are more like powerlifters than BB'ers here. We're on your side, cheering you on, rather than seeking your failures to make us feel better, really.
I actually think your diet would do me alot of good, but I've gone from 165 lbs. to 215 bulked, now at about 204, and I'd hate to lose hard earned muscle. So I'm thinking; if he can grow from that diet, I can maintain on it, if I can do it. But it will take a pardygm shift in thinking from all we read about building muscle.
BTW, your lil'girl is a cutie!

TFO i dont think the quad man was pointing the finger i think he is genuinley interested &quot;as i am&quot; in someone gaining muscle on a vegie diet as it obviously has some health benefits.
i think most of us on here are worried about the testosterone issue of soya etc in a veggie diet,as you seem to be an honest guy i think quadman was asking you the question knowing you would give honest answers and results.

on a side note another thing what made me interested in this was i was watching a show on TV the other week about roman gladiators,they found somewhere in turkey a gladiator burial ground &quot;never found so many gladiators before&quot; and when they tested them for what food they ate surprisingly it was at least 90% veggie,most people would have thought it would be mostly meat i would anyways.
good luck
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

To add to what Fausto said...b/c I have been around for 3 years.

HST is awesome the frequency of training will reshape your body literally and you will gain all the mass you need given time.

The one thing that I have done incorrectly is not eat enough...trying to stay lean or clean bulk...my advice is eat eat eat!

I basically have eaten a calories surplus this past year for 9 months straight and I have had my best gains yet!

I think I speak for most of us when I say it's the protein issue we are curious about. Our fellow HST'er, Ruthenian is a vegetarian too, only with more fitness oriented goals. Most of us are here for size and strength, oftentimes size first.
Most all these guys are business professionals, educated (unlike me), and studied, so you'll not find a lot of flaming for your lifestyle here, but expect to get the occasional hard questions because we really do like to know things; it's not to dis you at all.
Trust me in this; we could show you a couple other websites where you'd be eaten &quot;alive&quot; for your beliefs. BTW, the B12 thing is a nonissue too: I think anyone could supplement a veggie/fruit diet with it and still be called a vegetarian. I wouldn't split hairs there...it's just that protein thing!
I did a lowfat diet for a good while and lost memory, had sore joints, low energy and other problems...it occurs to me that I wonder about that also. Maybe fruits take care of that somehow. Of course, fructose for energy, but the rest?

<div>
(quadancer @ Jun. 02 2007,01:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Sorry man, absolutely didn't mean to come off antagonistic. I should proofread myself at times. It's a genuine curiosity as to what your height and weight are, to give some reference in the videos. You look to be 160 at the most at around 5'10 - 6'? Hard to tell.
Obviously you have some good functional strength too, the dips blew me away! The chins were strong too, although I like to qualify myself with the chin at least even if not over the bar, but that's me. Still a good lift for a guy your size.
As for the &quot;argument&quot;, I thought I was posting something simply curious about the diet and proteins before others dropped in hard on you: hey, I like radical things, I just want to see them work first.
Most of us are more like powerlifters than BB'ers here. We're on your side, cheering you on, rather than seeking your failures to make us feel better, really.
I actually think your diet would do me alot of good, but I've gone from 165 lbs. to 215 bulked, now at about 204, and I'd hate to lose hard earned muscle. So I'm thinking; if he can grow from that diet, I can maintain on it, if I can do it. But it will take a pardygm shift in thinking from all we read about building muscle.
BTW, your lil'girl is a cutie!</div>
I knew you was a cool guy!!!!
wink.gif

Yeah, I've been doing it so long that it's just life for me and I've achieved so much that naysayers that still want to make something of it just come off like idiots and to be real with you, I'm all about the training!!!!.

I appreciate your kind of curiosity and I'm glad your gonna be the supportive type dude and I really don't mind sharing info if people are sincerely interested, I just don't wanna be constantly feeling like I'm defending my choices, but anyway I'm off to train!!

Much respect!

<div>
(faz @ Jun. 02 2007,03:21)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">TFO i dont think the quad man was pointing the finger i think he is genuinley interested &quot;as i am&quot; in someone gaining muscle on a vegie diet as it obviously has some health benefits.
i think most of us on here are worried about the testosterone issue of soya etc in a veggie diet,as you seem to be an honest guy i think quadman was asking you the question knowing you would give honest answers and results.

on a side note another thing what made me interested in this was i was watching a show on TV the other week about roman gladiators,they found somewhere in turkey a gladiator burial ground &quot;never found so many gladiators before&quot; and when they tested them for what food they ate surprisingly it was at least 90% veggie,most people would have thought it would be mostly meat i would anyways.
good luck
cool.gif

biggrin.gif
</div>
Everthings cool, Q's a good guy!

Yeah Romans ate veggies and fruits alot of time, you can tell in their bodies, I read somewhere that the Roman soldiers staple was dates!!!

But anyway I'm on my 3rd 5's workout and I'm gonna go punish it!!!

Catchya later!

when u guys talk about increasing e weight after e 1st cycle is over (i take it after e 8 wks+ SD) like jacking it up 10 ibs, so it's like eg. 160 ibs for 15 reps vs last cycle of 150 ibs for 15 reps, &amp; so on &amp; so forth for 10 reps &amp; 5 reps then?
biggrin.gif

Yeah, but I think it's better to actually calculate your realized maxes than to simply add a certain poundage at the end of each cycle. Otherwise, simply adding 10 pounds could be limiting yourself when you should have added 15 or 20, or it could even be too much for you when you should have added less.

Fruit

You're going to cause a lot of admiration and heads are going to turn, I admire your courage.

I have spoken before here about teh &quot;original diet&quot; but don't want to start preachin all over again...I just need the courage and determination to do it myself!
cool.gif

<div>
(The Fruitarian One @ Jun. 02 2007,10:40)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I read somewhere that the Roman soldiers staple was dates!!!</div>
Though I am reminded of Indiana Jones and his caution about &quot;bad&quot; dates...
wink.gif

while I liked HST, I dropped it &amp; went to a 3 day Volume-recovery-intensity format, which I've enjoyed &amp; has been productive.

Back