what gym do you belong to?

• Thread starter imported_ephman
  • Start date
mines a home gym, all free weights and 2 machines, one for cardio and the other to isolate abs area in different positions.

My home gym, plus a cardio room (my sunroom) with seven machines I don't much use. I'm thinking of adding a 'visitor card' to my local gym now that they have it with 7 workouts for $35. and no time limit.
That way, once in a while I can go check myself on the other machines and/or just hit everything a little differently.

I work out at the local YMCA. I used to have a pretty nice home gym, then I went to a few "real" gyms, including Golds and a few others, a Bally's or two as well.

I have 2 little boys, and they have 2 hours free daycare per day at the Y, and its only 1 mile away from my home. Can't beat it.

My Garage. I have a bench, a home made squat station, pull up bar, dip station, and a stair stepper (in the house). It serves my purposes so far!

My gym is partly in my garage, partly in my basement.  I build my own squat rack out of 2x4s (very solid and sturdy, I'm quite proud of it).  Have an incline/decline bench, olympic and standard weights, dumbells and rack, also have equipment for dips, chins, lat pulldowns, leg ext and curls.  Stairs leading into the house are good for calf raises.  Also have a "Swiss Ball" for stability/ab work.

And a treadmill.

World Gym (next to work), Bally's (next to home, lifetime membership thing)

The YMCA. I like that your membership gets you access to Judo lessons, swimming, squash, and it seems to be better for networking with local business people than other gyms I've attended.

When I competed in Power Lifting I went to Aryes Gym which was a perfect little dive full of pig iron, squat racks with only a few cable stations for lat pulls and low pulley work. No AC either.

Today I workout at home in the garage. I have a full power rack (With a high and low pulley), an adjustable bench with leg extension / leg curl and preacher attachment, decline situp bench, Smith machine, Leg press machine, AirDyne bike, a combo speed bag / heavy bag rack. Knurling bars, french curl bars, three barbells, a full set of fixed weight dumbells up to 75# and a couple adjustable dumbell bars for standard plates. I have 1500# olympic weights and 600# standard weights. (No I dont need that much but it is cool to have extra bars and be able to leave some things loaded.)

I workout in my home gym. Powerblocks, 120kg of plates plus Platemates, chin/dip frame, Ironmind hip belt and loading pin, York bench with leg and high cable attachment. I'm outgrowing the York bench and will upgrade to an Iron Master Super Bench when I can afford it.

4680671e.jpg

4671341e.jpg

4654671e.jpg

4683571e.jpg

Mine is a home gym in what’s suppose to be the master bedroom of my house which I made into a training room instead. I have the following equipment right now:

Power rack w/high and low pulleys (5 different grip attachments)
Incline/Decline bench with Leg Extension/Curl attachment and Preacher Curl attachment.
2 Olympic bars
1 EZ Curl bar
520lb of plates (doubles of everything but the 35s) + tree to hang them on
Pair of Power Blocks going up to 90lbs (130lb extensions on order)

I never considered getting a gym membership since I previously owned my own equipment when I was power lifting before and loved saving the money in the long run, plus a huge time savings and general convenience. There are very few exercises I would want to do that I can’t accomplish with what I have.

Of course the walls are covered with “motivational pictures.” ;)

The workout room is right off my living room which I’ve made into a home theater. So when I work out I can listen to my music (usually Metal, especially Viking Metal, and also GOA Trance). Feeling the beat of the woofers and subwoofer beats the crap out of using a portable media player.

I've been working out at the YMCA for the past several years. Starting today I have a membership in the Powerhouse Gym. It's not nearly as fancy, but it is much more focused.

Back