Whey protein shake causing dehydration

akinu

I am using ON 100% Whey for about 2 weeks. I mix 2 scoops with a glass-full of milk and drink twice a day (4 scoops total).

Lately, I have been suffering from dry lips, waking up dehydrated and no matter how much water I drink, I feel thirsty very quickly.

Is this a good thing (i.e. sign of increased metabolism, nitrogen balance etc) or shall I use less?

There are so many variables in life ... I don't see how you can make a connection between drinking more and dehydration. Is anything else going on? For example, are you working out more, but not drinking enough during and post exercise?

Or is there perhaps some ingredient in ON whey that is diurhetic?

You really have to drink A LOT if you are using creatine. Does your whey have it added in? Some brands do include it.

No its not included in ON whey, but I have noticed that I get thirsty after drinking my shake. Usually a half a liter of water cures it. Drink more water.

It could be that the air has become really dry (from heating or just from being so cold) where you live. Has it recently gotten very cold there?

Back