Which Is Preferable

wisslewj

Dear Forum,

Which have people noticed to be more beneficial if one wants to get in mores sets and hence more volume each workout day:

1. A full body twice a day with lower sets (so 3 inclines in the morning and 3 declines at night for example)?

-or-

2. A split body with half the body in the AM and half the PM? So all 6 chest exercises at once in the AM and none in the PM?

I was considering that if takes roughly 36-48 hours for a muscle to be more or less rebuilt, it seems it be wiser to train half the body in the morning and half at night rather then 2 full bodies. The reason being that if one did full body AM and PM, there would esentially only be about 30 hours between workouts.

If one split the body, then one would get from the AM of monday to the AM of wednesday, basically a full 48hours before sya chest is worked again.

What arethe thoughts on this?

Jeff

are you doing it m,w,f, or every day.
if its 3x a wk i would go with 2) i think both would be fine.

To be sure, you mean , for example : Monday-upper body, T-lower, W-upper...
My fear is that this program would't permit CNS recovery, because of just 1 day off/week, but the volume/1 day is cut in half, so my opinion is that i should work, but i want to "hear" some one knowledgeable .

Mychhael,

Are you kidding when you say you want to hear from someone knowledgable?  You won't hear from someone more knowledgeable then Bryan.  He is the founder of HST.

Laughed so hard I almost peed myself!!!
tounge.gif

I am asking if I understood it right. (And to make sure the are no , other, misunderstandings : Bryan I meant no disrespect! more knowledgeable  then myself=  
laugh.gif
everybody )

Yes, if you manage your volume appropriately, then a six day split will not cause you to overtrain. Is that what you were asking?

Back