Why not liquid meals?

jkismul

Is there any reason i should not eat only 3-4 solid meals, and fill out the rest of my cals with some protein/weightgain shakes?

didnt find any posts on this by searching..

If you have 3-4 solid meals per day then you are doing great, as long as these meals contain good food (veggies, lean meat, fish, good oils, legumes etc).

The only problem with liquid meals that I can think of at the moment is

Quick digesting (if you are dieting, it will potentially make you hungry quicker)

missing nutrients (that are available in real food)

but if your bulking, and you need a way to get extra food in, they are perfect.

well, im bulking(trying atleast) and when i stuff myself with food i tend to end up way low on cals,
so i was figuring something like 100-1500cal from liquid meals should do the trick..

while i mention that, any good drinkrecipies? (or a link if its been asked before, i dont seem to find anything with the find)

IF your trying to bulk try to eat real food.
Are you getting 50-60% of your daily cals from carbs ?

IF you start to fall behind you can drink a shake with half-half cream
to add calories to a shake.

For shakes here's one link

What do you mix your protein powder

Also nuts (like walnuts) are a good way to increase cals, protein and good fat.

It's fine to use shakes to augment your calories when you have a hard time eating enough to bulk. That's what they're made for.

I'm a university student on a tight budget, and sometimes my parents give me whey to bring to university; of course, they can't give me steaks and chicken breast to bring up. if i start to drink 3 or 4 protein shakes each day, and only have 2-3 regular meals each day, am I gonna be missing on a hell of a lot? this would really help my financial situation, but of course, I won't have to worry about this until september when i go back to school. any suggestions?

No big loss. The whey is cleaner protein than fat-laden steak.

But how about bringing up frozen fish, chicken breast, etc., if that's what you like to eat?

Back