your results with HST...

Lars

HS:Acquaintance

Group: Members
Posted: April 29 2002,4:13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I can't say exactly how many pounds or kilos I gained, but I was doing slightly hypo-caloric and ended up weighing a little more than when I started out, but a lot leaner. I guess I added between 2-3kg muscle during the cycle (subtracting 1+ kg that I guess is from creatine).

I had most of my growth from the early parts of the cycle.

AbeFroman

HS:Friend

Posted: April 29 2002,4:39

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7lbs first cycle. Bodyfat increased slightly -- not too badly. 4lbs so far, 2 weeks into the second cycle -- again some BF gain - this time a little more noticeable. But I'm shooting for an 11lb gain this cycle, so some fat will come with it, I'm sure.

1 set only. ~10 sets total per workout.

ndogg

HS:Newcomer

Posted: April 29 2002,4:54

20lbs from finding maxes to now (first day of fives tomorrow). hardly any bf increase probably went from 6 to 8. i have to say that i am really eating better than i ever have before so some of the weight is due to the fact that i am on very strict diet. but seriously, i havn't gained any significant weight in about 1.5 years. i really like the program so far! hoping to end up at a solid 195 when finished.

Steve McDermott

HS:Good Friend

Posted: April 30 2002,07:14

After my first cycle, I gained 13lbs, with around 3.5 of fat. I was eating a ton of food during that cycle. I seemed to gain weight all through the cycle, but probably the most during the late 10s and 5s.

I only warm up for SBDLs and Bench press. These seem to warm everything up quite well. I do 1 warmup set for the 15s and 2-3 for the 10s, and 5 for the 5s in the SBDL an 1-2 sets for the bench press throughout.

I usually only do 1 workset for everything during the heavy workouts of each rep range. During the lighter workouts I will do 2 sets for the larger compound lifts unless I feel I've done the job with the first one.

Steve

restless

HS:Friend

Posted: April 29 2002,5:10

This is my first HST cycle. I'm now on the beggining of my10's (i'm doing weekly cycling). After 2 weeks i gained 6.6 pounds. Some of this weight is water and glycogen as i was dieting the 3 weeks before HST (including decondicioning). I am now at the weight i was before dieting but with less bodyfat.

bkrecker

HS:Newcomer

Posted: April 29 2002,5:31

I'm half way through my 2 cycle, with a good 10 days of SD between them. I always do two sets of each exercise, and 30 mins. of incline treadmill each day. Low carb w/maintainence level calories. I've lost ~5% BF and gained ~5 lbs. LBM. Started using Primer and Driver 1/2 way through first cycle (Used EAS Pure Whey with & w/o milk as my before/after). I haven't grown like this in 10 years!

I gained about 10lbs on my first HST cycle. Maybe 2lbs of bodyfat, which I dieted off in the 15s of my 2nd HST cycle. It should be noted that I reached my top condition last year doing a few 2on/4off cycles of AAS. On my first HST cycle, strength AND lbm surpassed my androgen-assisted condition, something that convinced me that this...in the words of Jules...is the dog's bollox
worship.gif

My 2nd HST cycle I experienced a net gain of 15lbs, AAS-assisted. Mid-cycle I was up 25lbs. Strength gains were scary, although I stayed in the 8-12rep range to avoid overloading the tendons/connective tissue/joints. Now into 5s post-cycle, I'm amazed at how much I've gained, not to mention retained strength and bodymass off-cycle. It should be noted that due to various personal problems (economical, break-up of long-term relationship etc) I didn't eat well. Also, I traveled a lot so had to make-do with gyms of all varieties. I kept losing weight and strength, then gaining it back in accordance with "normalization" of stress factors, which should be expected :confused: As mentioned I was up 25lbs mid-cycle, but ended up at a net gain of 15lbs. I'm currently 255lbs, around 8%bf at 6' and intended to compete this year, but due to everything bad that's been happening to me lately I haven't been able to focus...so I might or might not. We'll see.

I'll try to get some pictures up for everyone to see.

Date:  Sun Jan 6, 2002  5:44 pm
Subject:  Re: Hypertrophy Specific Training

Bryan Haycock painstakingly points out that the point of the program
is not to make PRs, and that the program is specifically for
hypertrophy, not strength, although you may or may not increase your
strength. I can't say I paid any attention to a 15, 10 or 5 RM while
doing this program, so I can't comment on that.

I can attest that I gained 5-7 pounds between weeks 4 and 6 (I didn't
do the negatives), although I can't comment on how much of this was
muscle mass and how much was not. I can say that these gains came
quite quickly, and I can't say I was eating much different, either.
I was also running 15+ minutes of interval sprints at the end of
workouts, so this may have interfered with gains, too.

I'm doing round 2 right now with some jogging cardio on off-days in
order to lose a little bodyfat in addition to the HST and the
interval sprints. We'll see how it goes, I bought one of those
Tanita scales to try to get an estimation of bodyfat throughout the
program.

d.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hitdigest/message/11950

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blade @ Sep. 06 2002,08:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I gained about 10lbs on my first HST cycle. Maybe 2lbs of bodyfat, which I dieted off in the 15s of my 2nd HST cycle. It should be noted that I reached my top condition last year doing a few 2on/4off cycles of AAS. On my first HST cycle, strength AND lbm surpassed my androgen-assisted condition, something that convinced me that this...in the words of Jules...is the dog's bollox  
worship.gif

My 2nd HST cycle I experienced a net gain of 15lbs, AAS-assisted. Mid-cycle I was up 25lbs. Strength gains were scary, although I stayed in the 8-12rep range to avoid overloading the tendons/connective tissue/joints. Now into 5s post-cycle, I'm amazed at how much I've gained, not to mention retained strength and bodymass off-cycle. It should be noted that due to various personal problems (economical, break-up of long-term relationship etc) I didn't eat well. Also, I traveled a lot so had to make-do with gyms of all varieties. I kept losing weight and strength, then gaining it back in accordance with &quot;normalization&quot; of stress factors, which should be expected  :confused:  As mentioned I was up 25lbs mid-cycle, but ended up at a net gain of 15lbs. I'm currently 255lbs, around 8%bf at 6' and intended to compete this year, but due to everything bad that's been happening to me lately I haven't been able to focus...so I might or might not. We'll see.

I'll try to get some pictures up for everyone to see.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
You forgot to mention your also on A.S.

In the middle of the fifth week, of my first cycle of HST, I took measurements and noticed that I was up 7/8&quot; (2.225 cm) on my arms!  My waist is also down half an inch.  This is not the largest my arms have been, but last time I was using an androgen (ONE from Avant labs) and my waist was 3 inches larger.

Hope I don't do too much with the negatives and screw it up
crazy.gif

My results.

I had to cut short my first HST cycle from eight weeks to six, but I was still pleased with my strength gains.

Unfortunately, I did not take any measurements or pics prior to starting this cycle, however I don't think that I have gained nearly as much as most of you all have reported. I am just happy that I have stumbled on to a program that allowed me to progress in the weights that I pushed in a logical, reasonable manner.

In my leg exercises, I ended up using weights that I had never touched before (Stiff Leg Dead lifts), or approached using weights that I have not touched in years (Squats).

In my upper body exercises, my final set of five on the Incline Bench press was VERY close to my all-time max.

Body weight wise, I am not at an all time high, however my 200 lbs doesn't look as flabby as it has in the past.

I plan on doing an abbreviated 4-week cycle here a week from today. I plan on going on a two-week vacation in mid October, and I don't want to quit in the middle of a traditional 8 week cycle. Before I start that one, I hope to at least take some pics to show before and after results.

Job561

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You forgot to mention your also on A.S.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

What do you mean? Did you read my post? &quot;My 2nd HST cycle I experienced a net gain of 15lbs, AAS-assisted. Mid-cycle I was up 25lbs.&quot;

My first HST cycle I was clean, and had been so for 3 months. A couple of 2 week cycles last year wasn't exactly what one would think of as heavy use either...

SD now. 1st cycle of 15, 10, 5, negs netted a few pounds, bodyfat remains ~7%. Most impressive gain was 28% increase in bench press 5RM.

Eager to start cycle #2 this week.

hunter

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blade @ Sep. 09 2002,10:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You forgot to mention your also on A.S.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

What do you mean? Did you read my post? &quot;My 2nd HST cycle I experienced a net gain of 15lbs, AAS-assisted. Mid-cycle I was up 25lbs.&quot;

My first HST cycle I was clean, and had been so for 3 months. A couple of 2 week cycles last year wasn't exactly what one would think of as heavy use either...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I'm sorry, my eyes must have been painted on that morning as I overlooked that.

With or without AS, you sound like your making great progress with HST.

I've also just finished my first cycle of HST, and thought I'd share my results.

INITIAL CONDITION
-----------------
Prior to beginning HST, I had been weightlifting for 18 months. I started at 260 lb (117 kg) with &gt; 33% body fat. I had just completed four months of HIT, which gave me good gains in mass, size, and strength for a couple of months, but very little afterwards. I'm 34 years old (no metric conversion for years, yet! and 6'4'' (193 cm) tall.

NUTRITION/SUPPLEMENTS
---------------------
I was in mass gaining mode, eating roughly 5,000 kcal/day, 1.33 g/lb protein, ~25% fat cal. I used 10 g creatine after each workout, 5 g L-glutamine pre- and post-workout. ZMA, Arganine, and vitamins regularly.

PROGRAM
-------
I interleaved two workout programs with a frequency of three per week (i.e., each two-week cycle contained three each of the two workouts for a total of six).

Workout 1:
squats
bench press
stiff-legged deadlifts
widegrip pulldowns/ups
military press
bent-over barbell rows
reverse pec/dec
sitting calf-raises
standing bicep curl
French press

Workout 2:
deadlifts
incline bench press
leg press
widegrip pulldowns/ups
dips
chins ups/pulldowns (i.e., underhand grip, hands roughly 8'' apart)
upright dumbell rows
standing calf raises
shrugs
incline bench rear delt raises

I did two working sets for my weak bodyparts (chest, biceps and shoulders), and one working set for all else. Over the eight weeks, I progressed the weights linearly from 50% of 1RM to 100%+ of 1RM, going through sets of 15,10,5,2n as in the nominal HST program. Most importantly, I NEVER went to failure.

Immediately after the HST cycle, I performed a couple of single-rep max-out workouts to determine my weights for the next cycle. I'm in my third day of strategic detraining now, and plan on going until at least 10 days.

RESULTS
-------
Before After Difference
Body composition:
total weight = 236 lb. 255 lb. +19 lb.
fat weight = 31.2 lb. 38.0 lb. +6.8 lb.
fat-free weight = 204.8 lb 216.8 lb. +12 lb.
body fat = 13.24 % 14.93 % +1.69 %

Body Measurements:
R. Arm (flexed) = 16 3/8'' 17'' +5/8''
R. Arm (ext) = 15 7/8'' 16 1/8'' +1/4''
thigh = 27'' 27 5/8'' +5/8''
R. calf = 17 7/8'' 17 3/4'' -1/8''
Chest = 49'' 50'' +1''
Chest and Shlders = 53 1/8'' 55 1/2'' +2 3/8''

Strength (1RM):
squat = 405 lb. 425 lb. +4.94%
bench press = 255 lb. 265 lb. +3.92%
deadlift = 350 lb. 365 lb. +4.29%
military press = 160 lb. 170 lb. +6.25%
weighted chin up = 60+240 lb. 60+253 lb. +4.33%
weighted WG pullup = 25+240 lb. 25+254 lb. +5.28%
dips = 100+241 lb. 115+255 lb. +8.50%

Body composition was determined using a seven-site skinfold measurement, same person performing measurements before and after. Body measurements were both performed by my girlfriend.

BOTTOM LINE
-----------
I like HST quite a bit. The results were good: I was paticularly surprised at the strength gains. (Size is my goal, but strength is a nice bonus.) I'm typically out of the gym in roughly an hour, I no longer have extreme soreness or overtraining, and my joints feel much better. The bottom of the bottom line is: I will do a second cycle.

bye,
jimbo

I've only used HST for cutting, BUT I can asure you, I'm going to stay with HST for some time…
My left shoulder decided to go down at the end of the 5's so no negatives this time.
sad.gif

I've done a modified HST cycle, 12,8,5,neg. 2 sets on all excersizes (except calf raise I did 3 sets of calf raise) making a total of 31 sets.

Height: 187cm (6'2)

6 weeks of dieting
Weight: 101,5kg -&gt; 94,5kg -7kg
Chest: 120cm -&gt; 120cm -0cm
Waist: 101,5cm -&gt; 92,5 -9cm
Hips: 110cm -&gt; 105cm -5cm
Legs: 70cm -&gt; 66cm -4cm

This is pretty darn impressing!!! I haven't lost ANY size on my chest. And better yet, when I begin to carb up, guess whats going to happen to my chest?!
thumbs-up.gif

No doubt I will pass the 125cm and maybe even the 130cm barriers this year! And I'll do it with HST (and WSB, because there's a powerlifter hidden inside me.)
blush.gif

Don't worry Anyone, there is a powerlifta in all of us... as long as he's big and a bf around 9%
tounge.gif

Og kan du så komme tilbage til MOL

Back