Your diet during SD

sandmanss

Wondering how most of you treat your diet during your SD phase. Do you keep it clean, lower the cals since activity levels are low or just take a break and eat whatever you wish?

No diet at all. I eat anything I want. I don't notice any negative consequences. The duration of SD is too short to cause some serious muscle loss.

Muscular growth would likely occur for the first few days after your last workout. The big thing is glycogen repletion. Sometimes your muscles will be fairly depleted until a few days into SD when suddenly they appear to swell up. I've had that happen once.

As for me, it varies. I make sure to get a decent amount of protein, but I usually don't count calories too carefully during SD. Sometimes I keep packing in the food like I'm bulking, sometimes I eat roughly around maintenance.

As Totentanz pointed out, your muscles shouldn't grow in SD except for the first few days after your last workout. Keeping protein intake at an ample amount should help prevent loss of muscle albeit the caloric intake is far more important.

Back