“To be a Viking you have to eat like a Viking.”

Aaron, come on say it, Your body hates you
thumbs-up.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Aaron_F @ Sep. 30 2004,8:55)]Who can tell me what a good cholesterol is
who can show me that cholesterol is the limiting factor in the production of testosterone.
you guys just seem to be rehashing stupid old bodybulding garbage
"Who can tell me what a good cholesterol is"
There are "so called" good and bad cholesterols and do a simple net search and you will find out for yourself .
http://www.sciencenews.org/pages/sn_arch/9_21_96/fob3.htm
"who can show me that cholesterol is the limiting factor in the production of testosterone."
Sources of cholesterol for testosterone biosynthesis.
http://endo.endojournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/127/5/2047
"you guys just seem to be rehashing stupid old bodybulding garbage"
That's funny !
laugh.gif

You need to look a little farther and you will find out otherwise .

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrNasty @ Sep. 30 2004,2
wow.gif
)]And to Sonny, to say I would be deficient in ZINC or any othr mineral for that matter, with a 3000+ calorie daily intake is crazy. I eat a variety of foods, once which I'm sure have plenty of ZINC (give me a moment and I'll find out for you). I dont believe a deficiency is the problem.
I don’t want to get this “BEEF” debate going again because I’ve had enough of it. <!--emo&amp;
dozingoff.gif

So let keep it to Zinc.ok ?
As I’m sure you know that zinc is necessary for testosterone production.
In my pervious post (before it got off somewhere else) I was trying to make a point that Beef was a great source for zinc, but I never got to it till now.
That’s all I was trying to point out
You stated that you didn’t eat beef so I was just wondering where you get yours.
I like taking natural products if possible, but when unavailable pills will have to do.
I addition,Calories have nothing to do with minerals .
I’m no expert, just trying to learn as I go along.
I thought this link was interesting on Testosterone and among other things Zinc.
http://www.diagnose-me.com/cond/C15002.html
On your comment on Socratics, if you have ever taken philosophy you will remember that any observation to his antics could be construed in much ways.
Yours being the most common observation.
I in turn see if differently. Anyone who would let his wife beat him with a pan is crazy and not to be trusted.
HAHA
laugh.gif

Sonny, just for your own info, do a search in &quot;Supplements&quot; on Zinc. Also look at studies on Zinc intake and it's effects.

You very well might be a little surprised :D

I started doing that yesterday.
Moreover, I’m convinced that zinc is deficient in most diets.
I hate taking pills. Always looking for a natural source instead.
I think that most pill forms seem to be not as soluble (cleated) as the natural.

I have posted pics before, none in the last month or so.

I am 40 yrs old
I am an ex lard @$$, my businesses came before by body for years.
At the high end of the scale I weighed 226 @ 5'10&quot;
I got down to 149 Lbs., pics in the threads somewhere, it took me about 1.5 yrs to get there.
I have been lifting since April/May 03, religously. I tried Volume and HIT b4 HST, since HST, about to finish 4th cycle, I gained 11 or so lbs of lean Mass. Could have gained more but I choose to eat just at or even below maintenance (Fat Paranoid) I have posted results in the results threads :D

My goal is to get to 175 lean 8% BF. I am now at 160 @12% to 13%.

I currently do not do illegal roids, but I am not saying I never will.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrNasty @ Sep. 30 2004,2:18)]PS: Hhere are my next HST cycle routines:

Routine A:
Legs: Reverse Squats
Legs: Leg curls
Chest: DB Press
Back: Chin/Pull Down
Back: Rows (seated cable)
Shoulder: Front Lat Raises
Shoulder: Rear Delts (reverse machine flies)
Traps: Shrugs
Biceps: Incline DB Curls
Biceps: Hammer Curls
Triceps: Skulls
Triceps: Tri (over head) Extention
Calves: Seated Calve (donkey) raises

Routine B:
Legs: Leg Press
Legs: Leg Extentions
Chest: DB Press
Back: Pull Downs Wide
Back: Rows (hammer strength)
Shoulder: Side Lateral
Shoulder: Rear Delts (reverse machine flies)
Traps: Shrugs
Biceps: Incline DB Curls
Biceps: Hammer Curls
Triceps: Skulls
Triceps: Tri (over head) Extention
Calves: Standing Calve raises

Originally in plan B, I was going to use deads instead of Press, however, I tried deads for the first time before my SD and they were extremely awkward - I am afriad of injury. So what I will do is practice them (1set) every leg press day. As for the reverse squats, what I mean is my legs will be out in front of me for more emphasis on the quads. I'm not concerned with hams, they are already well developed and train (grow) easily.

With that being said, what does everyone think about this routine. I set it up a bit different than my previous routines. I want to put more emphasis on the arms (they are lagging) and shoulders, which seems to be one of my best features but is missing out on action.

I'll be training, full body 3x a week. Gimie some unput. Thanks.
I appreciate all the debate on my behalf, I'm finding it all very interesting. I never ment to cause such a rukus (sp). But if I could get some feed back on these two routines, I would be most thankful. 2nd HST cycle starts Monday.

Sonny, My philosophy teacher must have not taken us to deep into the socrates story; I never knew his wife beat him with pans. That's a shame....

Thanks everyone.

MrNasty
I think you maybe posting it in the wrong forum.
This is the “Diet &amp; Nutrition “ Forum
Either one looks good to me .
But,Maybe a little to many exercises for one workout.

So, where do the Vikings figure in this equation?

Plenty of Bullshit in this thread... But not many freaking Vikings

(anyway they probably ate salted beef, perhaps it was the salt petre that spawned &quot;Viking Power&quot;)

Bollocks - I've been reading too much of this thread and it's frazzled me brain

...the freaking Vikings were probably eating more putred fish than cows

wow.gif
8-->
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sonny @ Oct. 02 2004,4
wow.gif
8)]&quot;Who can tell me what a good cholesterol is&quot;
There are &quot;so called&quot; good and bad cholesterols and do a simple net search and you will find out for yourself .
http://www.sciencenews.org/pages/sn_arch/9_21_96/fob3.htm
Ok, you realise there is only 1 CHOLESTEROL
everything else is LIPOPROTEINS
two completely different things
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]&quot;who can show me that cholesterol is the limiting factor in the production of testosterone.&quot;
Sources of cholesterol for testosterone biosynthesis.
http://endo.endojournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/127/5/2047
wow an invitro study of sources of cholestrol for testosterone synthesis in the mouse model.
while its nice htat it shows that individual cells contain enough cholesterol as a base for testosterone synthesis ~12hrs it does NOT show that cholesterol is the limiting factor in testosterone sythesis. You understand the effect of a feed back system in the maintenance of testosterone levels dont you?
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]&quot;you guys just seem to be rehashing stupid old bodybulding garbage&quot;
That's funny !
laugh.gif

You need to look a little farther and you will find out otherwise .
well done, nice rehashing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sonny @ Oct. 02 2004,5:20)]Moreover, I’m convinced that zinc is deficient in most diets.
ITs correct to say that zinc is deficient in SOME diets, but in a balanced diet (not nessecarily beef based) its unlikely to be an issue. One must be rather deficient in zinc before testosterone starts to suffer.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Aaron_F @ Oct. 02 2004,11:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sonny @ Oct. 02 2004,5:20)]Moreover, I&amp;#8217;m convinced that zinc is deficient in most diets.
ITs correct to say that zinc is deficient in SOME diets, but in a balanced diet (not nessecarily beef based) its unlikely to be an issue. One must be rather deficient in zinc before testosterone starts to suffer.
Unless you are a vegetarian ultra marathoner or an underfed pr0n star there is little need for additional Zn above RDA.

Sonny,

Please don't start to throw out some Conte references at this point.

Not trying to get back into this thread but here is some stuff I have on Zinc.

Bioavailability of iron, zinc, and other trace minerals from vegetarian diets1,2,3,4

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The iron and zinc from vegetarian diets are generally less bioavailable than from nonvegetarian diets because of reduced meat intake as well as the tendency to consume more phytic acid and other plant-based inhibitors of iron and zinc absorption. However, in Western countries with varied and abundant food supplies, it is not clear that this reduced bioavailability has any functional consequences. Although vegetarians tend to have lower iron stores than omnivores, they appear to have no greater incidence of iron deficiency anemia. With current methods, it is not possible to effectively evaluate the influence of vegetarian diets on zinc nutrition because there are no reliable and sensitive criteria to identify marginal zinc nutriture in humans. The effectiveness of trace element supplementation of vegetarian diets has not been demonstrated, and any recommendations for supplementation should consider potential adverse effects, including possible competitive interactions between minerals. Research to further define the functional consequences of low iron stores without anemia and to sensitively detect marginal zinc status is needed to detect and prevent any possible problems associated with lower iron and zinc absorption from vegetarian diets.

Minerals: exercise performance and supplementation in athletes.

Exercise immunology: nutritional countermeasures.

Although I don't have any on Test and Zinc, from what I have read it has pretty much been stated by Aaron.

Back