1) Deadlift VS. 3) Back Squat

colby2152

The 16 exercise tournament comes down to two favorites. The Squat and Deadlift. Remmeber, this does not include SLDL, Sumo, Romanian Deadlifts nor does it include Hack, Front, OH, Jefferson Squats.

Please vote for your favorite exercise between the two.

Even though I much prefer sumo deadlifts to narrow stance, deadlifts are still clearly superior to any variation of the squat.

<div>
(Totentanz @ May 13 2008,7:52)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I don't really enjoy squatting that much, but I look forward to deadlifting...</div>
As much as I expected so far.

I really thought Bench Press had a chance on beating out the Deadlift.

Ditto (for the deadlift). Lord of the weight room and all that.

I also thought the bench press would be at the finale. But seeing the numbers, not very many people actually voted - so those that did probably are the more &quot;in-the-know&quot; and voted with their knowledge that the bench press isn't the most effective exercise, even if it is usually considered the grand-daddy of exercises, perhaps even rather glamorized.

Regards,
-JV

<div>
(jvroig @ May 16 2008,5:08)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Ditto (for the deadlift). Lord of the weight room and all that.

I also thought the bench press would be at the finale. But seeing the numbers, not very many people actually voted - so those that did probably are the more &quot;in-the-know&quot; and voted with their knowledge that the bench press isn't the most effective exercise, even if it is usually considered the grand-daddy of exercises, perhaps even rather glamorized.

Regards,
-JV</div>
Yeah, I was holding the poll extra long for more votes, but it never really happened.

I actually voted for the Bench Press. After this poll is done, I will call it quits on determining a statistical collection of HST'ers input on exercises. There is enough data now.

It seems that HST'ers like these exercises in this order...

1) Deads
2) Squat
3) Bench Press
4) Rows
5) Chins
6) Dips
7) Shoulder Presses
8) Cleans'n'at

That selection of exercises makes a very solid routine, full or split!

Simplify and win...!!
biggrin.gif

Wow, is this even close?

I think Squats are out for the count (9-1 as of right now). K.O. Dan/JV, please close this poll - we have a winner!

Back