1 short of faliure reps

faz

instead of doing 2 or 3 sets of an exercise why not pick an exercise for a certain bodypart lets say legs, and starting on your 15s for squats just keep doing sets till you know you wont get out another set.... then move onto chest and do the same there ...then back shoulders etc..everyone keeps saying that if you can handle more sets then go for it, this way you would only be doing 1 exercise per bodypart then moving on

Faz,

It's what I do. That is why myself and a few others around here always answer the questions about volume the same way - do as much as you can without hitting failure. Typically it works out for me that I do 2-3 sets during the 1st week of a rep phase and 1-2 sets during the 2nd week.

-Colby

I guess you have to make sure that it doens't impact on your next routine and lead to overtraining...also a lot of people want to keep volume constant (i.e. same number of overall reps) and obviously 3 sets of 15s is going to be hard to replicate in the 5s!

i like doing 2 sets in the 15s as well, especially in the begining. i give myself little rest time (30-60 secs) and the glycogen goes through the roof!

yeah but I couldn't do 5 sets of an exercise even if it was day 1 since I am doing 70% of my RM

the idea of overtraining is vague, but it doesn't really have to do with volume all the time

if you can lift without hitting failure then by all means do an extra set or extra reps

it isn't called a WORKout for no reason

-colby

Back