10x3

<div>
(Firminator @ Jul. 22 2008,9:24)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Been digging around looking for something different to do for my next cycle. Has anybody besides Russ given this a legitimate shot and if so - how did it go?

Thanks
Firm</div>
Plenty of people have tried it - most notably TR and Tim.  I did a round of straight 10 x 3 for legs in the Spring.   However, I didn't do heavy loads of 3's, so I imagine it is a beast of a workout!

Resurrecting this old thread to post this spreadsheet I made a while back. It's based on Russ's outline, laid out as a 6 week program with you building up to 3 RM and surpassing it on the last week. I put in protection for the formulas but you can change the lifts and the loads used.

Edit: I can't seem to upload the zip with the spreadsheet. I'll get it up somewhere else or figure out what the problem is and upload it later.

Oh I saved it in the office 2007 format, I'll save it as an older compatible version and reup it.

Last edited:
Resurrecting this old thread to post this spreadsheet I made a while back. It's based on Russ's outline, laid out as a 6 week program with you building up to 3 RM and surpassing it on the last week. I put in protection for the formulas but you can change the lifts and the loads used.

Edit: I can't seem to upload the zip with the spreadsheet. I'll get it up somewhere else or figure out what the problem is and upload it later.

Excellent. I would like a copy of that spreadsheet. Thanks!

Thank you. This looks to be useful.

It's late; I haven't really had time to examine this yet. Are the numbes in blue (the changeable ones) supposed to be the starting weights? If so, how do you make that determination?

No, those are the test weights. Just put in what load you were able to do and for how many reps, then it figures out the loads you should be using for you. Sorry, I didn't explain it in the notes on the sheet or anything. I'll update it later to explain what everything means. You can also change the lifts around if you'd like.

10x3 is still the best strength workout I've ever done, in particular the template that Russ built. I'm glad that the idea is being resurrected again - I think lots of folks looking for a great SST idea would do well to try it. I already have it in the cards to do once my yearlong experiment is done.

Yup, I think it's a great program too and plan to run another bout of 10x3 after the 1st of the year. I've got another person on it and they are making pretty good progress. I drop him down to a 3x3 to deload since he won't take the 9 day SD I normally prescribe. I sub out 3x8 for myself because I hate doing 12 reps, and I alternate the squats since I don't like doing them more than once a week typically... but it still works great even so.

Which version of excel are you using? You should be able to go to tools->worksheets->unprotect, then just hit enter - there is no password. In newer versions you have to go to the review tab and then click unprotect. Alternatively, if you'd like you can just tell me what you needed changed and I'll fix it.

I sub out 3x8 for myself because I hate doing 12 reps, and I alternate the squats since I don't like doing them more than once a week typically... but it still works great even so.

Totally hear 'ya, Tot. Those 12's are brutal when you hit 95% and above on the triples sets.

Back