3 days to 6 days?

lcars

im just wondering if any of you who have been using hst for a while have switched from 3days to 6days aweek and if so have you noticed much difference in gains/strength it would be interesting to find out.

I switched to 6x a week after 4 3x a week cycles. I did 2 2x (am/pm) a day MWF cycles and gained 7 and 6 pounds in each. Strength increases were about the same as with the 3x a week. In this new cycle, it's different. I finished the 15's on Friday and I am going back to 3x a week for the rest of the cycle for 2 reasons.

1, the caloric intake is too much. 2, I can't handle high rep 400+ lbs squats and deadlifts on the same day. My strength just isn't there in the pm for deads.

Icars

I switched recently to 5x p/week and it seems that the gains are coming on, I can notice physical improvements (fat loss and muscle gain).

But I am still on 10's and I think I am like Bryan (will not gain much till I am on 5's).

I will be updating my log as often as necessary, when there is new info that I'd like to share.

Trained for long using 2x p/week then 3x p/week, but nutrition was not quite there so only some gains, but then stasis...now it seems to be getting to what I desire.

Hoep this helps some....

mmm....interesting,i think i would find it difficult in the calorie intake department my jobs really heavy i only just manage to get enough food down as it is,but if the benefits were great i would give it a go.
thanks guys.

I had a lot of fun with 6 times a week, and my strength gains were good, but my muscle gains were paltry compared to 3-4 times a week, simply because I could not get down enough calories to grow.

Back