3 weeks of extra rest - What to do?

sard

Ok, my job usually has long hours, which causes me to not get enough sleep on the weekdays.

Now I will have a short term assignment (until end of Feb) where the hours are a lot less.  

Although I feel I am a bit too fat right now, I think the 3 weeks of extra rest would be a great time to bulk up.

True? Bulk up now?  
Or should I cut my bf %?  (Im at a point where most of my pants are very tight around the stomach)

Since I have 3 weeks (I just got a cold so I have to rest) what cycle should I start in (if I decide to bulk)?  5s?

Thanks
-Tony

Why do you think Cutting is the right thing?

I would think its best to take advantage of the extra rest I will have, to bulk.

But, yes, I have fatter than I would like, not bigger, but fatter around the waist.

So, I assume the 5s and negs are to help keep what muscle I have?

When you said, 'higher frequency' - do u mean more workouts?
But, I thought (according to the principles) you are supposed to workout every 48 hours.

anyway, I am also boxing at a gym 3 days (2 hours a session) a week.

So I figure I can do a light cardio session in the morning, 3 times a week, and then lift 3 times a week.

How do you think that sounds?

Thanks

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Why do you think Cutting is the right thing?

Since you are fatter around the waist, you would not want that to get worst, right?
tounge.gif

So high frequency w/o's would work to get some of the fat sorted out!

Although the principles say you should work out every 48 hours, that is a "one size fits all" type of program which assumes your fat levels are sorted out, many of us are doing higher frequency workouts, concentrating rather on nutrition (higher or at base level to consume fat faster), progression and staying away from failure, thus increasing the summation effect of hypertrophy of the muscle.

The best of both worlds for you, would be to stay at base level (nutrition wise) and do 3x week workout as you are doing the boxing (do it on off days from gym), if you add cardio to the mixture then you are right in there.

Back